Please HELP me :( How Does my CASE looks? Can one of the GURUS inform me?

captainv123

Registered Users (C)
I have a quick and very simple (and maybe stupid) question.... I will be gratefull if you can answer. I have a PHD and I am a professor now.

I (my lawyer) applied for I140 and I485 on Dec 2004. My I140 got approved on Feb 22 2005 (pretty quickly). I gave my fingerprints on April 19 2005. But I have not heard from my I485 (IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME ... My lawyer called USCIS several times.. Each time they say it is pending SECURITY CHECK....The priority date on my I140 is June 23 2004 (on I 797 notice of action)... There is no priority date for my I485 (i.e., on I797C notice of action)...MY status is EB2....

My questions are

1) I have no idea what PD being current means, and I have no idea what VISA available means.... I am from TURKEY.... would you please tell me if I am ok ???

2) I have been waiting since the end of DECEMBER 2004 for I485..It is very long and I am really worried

Also What should I do?

email FBI ?---> I dont know if security check means name check?
write to senators?----> does it work?
write to WH----------> does it work?
sue USCIS----------> I have been waiting FOR I485 since END of December 2004...is it long enough?

Thank you in advance for your help

captainv123 said:
I have a quick and very simple (and maybe stupid) question.... I will be gratefull if you can answer. I have a PHD and I am a professor now.

I (my lawyer) applied for I140 and I485 on Dec 2004. My I140 got approved on Feb 22 2005 (pretty quickly). I gave my fingerprints on April 19 2005. But I have not heard from my I485 (IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME ... My lawyer called USCIS several times.. Each time they say it is pending SECURITY CHECK....The priority date on my I140 is June 23 2004 (on I 797 notice of action)... There is no priority date for my I485 (i.e., on I797C notice of action)...MY status is EB2....

My questions are

1) I have no idea what PD being current means, and I have no idea what VISA available means.... I am from TURKEY.... would you please tell me if I am ok ??? PD IS YOU LABOR CERTIFICATION RECEIPT DATE.

2) I have been waiting since the end of DECEMBER 2004 for I485..It is very long and I am really worried . PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR 5 - 6 -7 YEARS SO DONT WORRY

GOOGLE AND CHECK WHERE YOU CAN ASK YOUR SECURITY CHECK I AHVE NO IDEA

Also What should I do?

email FBI ?---> I dont know if security check means name check?
write to senators?----> does it work? IT MIGHT
write to WH----------> does it work? WHAT IS WH
sue USCIS----------> I have been waiting FOR I485 since END of December 2004...is it long enough? PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR 5 - 6 -7 YEARS SO NOT A SUEABLE TIME PERIOD YOU HAVE BUDDY

Thank you in advance for your help

Your PD is current

You fall under the category "EB2- rest of the world", which has been current for as long as I can remember. That means there are visas available for you regardless of your priority date, and as soon as the security check is cleared and the officer assigned to the case is satisfied with the evidence in the case, they can go ahead and approve it. So, that's not what's holding up your application.
If they say security check is pending, it could be either the name check, or the mysterious "security agency other than FBI" check that some people in the forums have been talking about.
I do think 20 months is a long time to wait without doing something, so you could start by contacting your local congressperson. If that doesn't work, some people had luck writing to the first lady (the Texas forum has a template for the letter). Only after you exhaust some of these avenues I would consider a lawsuit, because they will ask you to prove that you have tried everything else.
Voyager is right, once you are sucked in the security check tunnel there's no way of knowing when you will get out, but you can at least try and do something instead of just waiting.
Best of luck, and I hope it doesn't last much longer.