Please help--I-140 Approval

RuthChen

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I received my I-140 approval today. However, I have a big problem for it. I indicate that I would like to go for CP when I file I-140, but in the approval I received it states that I need to file I-485 to adjust the status or I-824 to change the process. What's wrong with that? Does it mean that I need to file I-824 to go for CP? What can I do now? Oh...I am going crazy now. Please, any help is appreciate! Thank you.

Basically yes.. The INS screwed up. What is your consulate ? AC140 may be the route out or I dont know, maybe you lawyer could speak to the INS and get your approval changed. I dont know much about the latter though.

Thank you for response

I contact my lawyer today. She said she had several same cases before. She will contact INS and ask them to correct my case. It "usually" takes three weeks, but not guarantee.

Re: Thank you for response

Originally posted by RuthChen
I contact my lawyer today. She said she had several same cases before. She will contact INS and ask them to correct my case. It "usually" takes three weeks, but not guarantee.

I know of a few cases where INS took forever to change over from AOS to CP after making a mistake. It depends on your service center. As Moulin said, you might want to explore AC140. If you can do it, it would be the fastest way to get your GC.