please help her - regarding delhi conuslate- ASAP

ram84

Registered Users (C)
MY FRIEND WIFE SHE IS BASICALLY bangalore and she got a appointment at delhi consulate next month febuary 2005 for h4 visa but chennai she needs to wait for april 2005..

is there any problem for delhi IF SHE IS APPER FOR H4 VISA..they will reject ?

PLEASE TRY TO HELP HER becasue she got appointment 1 st febuary 2005..

my friend is here because he came back after his marriage but his wife is going alone for h4 stampoing..

please help her if you can..

thanks
ram

I wouldn't go to Delhi. Lately they do reject H-4 visas because it is not an emergency visa. I would wait till the Chennai interview date.

I am also in the similar situation, my wife is going to Delhi US consulate this month. Anybody went to Delhi for H-4 instead of Madras comment on this. Could not get an appointment at Madras for another 3 months will be valid reason to go to Delhi.

Thanks

What do you mean by 'not an emergency visa' ? Can that be a criteria for rejecting a valid case? Is this specific to Delhi Consulate? How is the consulate dealing with H1Bs?

Thanks a lot for your help!

You are supposed to go to the Consulate which has jurisdiction over your area of residence. They have some open slots for people from other cities in Delhi. But those appointments can only be used for emergency situation. We had a consultant whom we were trying to bring to USA real quick and he tried to apply at Delhi consulate. They refused to issue a visa and had to apply back in Mumbai. It is not worth taking risk going to delhi only to get refused and asked to apply in Chennai.

H-1 visa is whole different animal compared to H-4 visa. I think if you provide a valid reason for H-4 they should accept. The valid reason can be "I can't be seperated from my patner for 3+ months".

That does not constitute emergency. She can try it only to get it refused and then wait for interview date in Chennai. Best thing is she needs to call Delhi Consulate directly and ask them.....
As per them Emergency is only considered where some one is ill and needs immediate medical care. Someone is about to die in USA etc.....
H4 visa and being separated from partner won't be considered. They do background checks on everybody nowadays. Just my opinion from our current experiences.....

please help her - regarding H4 VISA STAMPING AT DELHI!

HELLO GC_DJ ,

Thanks for your help.. i heard some more friends they got h1 stamp from delhi they are from hydrabad AP..chennai consular distric..

SO no problem for h4.. if h1 is give then thwy will give h4..

backround check only for if they have any doubt..

any way thanks for your time and help Mr. GC_DJ..

Thank you sir..

thanks
ram

H4 Stamping for my child

Hello Friends,

I also have the same problem. My H1 will be expired on Jun'2, 2005. My wife got H4Visa last year. For some other reasons she had not come over here. For out baby girl(she was born on Dec,2004) we are going to Delhi consulate.Because in chennai consulate all appointments are fillled up upto May 31st. we did not get any appointment. Finally we got appointment in Delhi consulate on March,22nd. Will it be any problem of H4 stamping for my daughter. because my H1 is going to expire on Jun'2,2005. Is it valid reason?

I appriciate your immediate response.

thanks,
ksk.

Do not worry, my wife got her H-4 visa no questions asked. She too went to Delhi consulate instead of Chennai.

ksk05 said:
Hello Friends,

I also have the same problem. My H1 will be expired on Jun'2, 2005. My wife got H4Visa last year. For some other reasons she had not come over here. For out baby girl(she was born on Dec,2004) we are going to Delhi consulate.Because in chennai consulate all appointments are fillled up upto May 31st. we did not get any appointment. Finally we got appointment in Delhi consulate on March,22nd. Will it be any problem of H4 stamping for my daughter. because my H1 is going to expire on Jun'2,2005. Is it valid reason?

I appriciate your immediate response.

thanks,
ksk.

thanks GC-DJ.
can you tell me, what were the questions they asked your wife.

thanks,
ksk.

The questions are mostly about the marriage. Looked at the marriage photos. Asked where I work (Location, Client company etc.).

They just take the applications DS-156 and DS-157 and the passport. They will ask if they need any other documents during the interview. Nothing to worry about.

ksk05 said:
thanks GC-DJ.
can you tell me, what were the questions they asked your wife.

thanks,
ksk.

H1 Refusal at Delhi

Hi,

I belong to chennai consular district.

But when I went for H1 visa stamping for the same reason that dates are not avail in chennai ( filed by an employer in USA... not thro the same company working here ) ... the consular was asking some questions and I hope I conviced her... But when she saw my petition then...

She gave me a form stating the refusal to issue visa in Delhi consulate ( Section - 221 (g)) and ticked the section

"You are not a resident of the New Delhi consular
district. Please apply in the circled consulate - ie
Chennai"

So in the refusal form itself they have a reason like this... so they may have some slot or something... which they may give for the applicants whom they may feel not urgent to go... or something... even though I have a letter from my US company stating the project date from March '05.. she didn't ask for any documents to have a look.

Even I am confused and had a lot of pain in going all the way to Delhi....

So it is upto the people to take the decision..... I prefer don't for H1 guys from my experience... not sure abt H4.

Also everything depends on the consular you get....

thx.
geema.