Please help! Experience issue

sanjaykapoor

Registered Users (C)
My labor certification is for B.S. and 4 years of software experience. The job postion is for Sr. Developer.

I had 3 years 11 months before joining the company, and additional 12 months with my current employer as Developer before applying for LC.

Do you guys think I can get a RFE?

Would CIS consider 1 month as a de minimus and waive it? Can I use 12 months of experience with my current employer as Developer and claim that the jobs are dissimilar, and use that experience?

I have only few months on my H1, and little worried about.

Thanks in advance for all the advice and help.

Generally adjudicators are strict at the experience. Your attorney should have been more careful while applying LC and mentioned 3 years of experience instead of 4. Hopefully the officer is not very good at math and no RFE. Your employer’s experience generally cannot be considered except you had gone through change in the designations (Developer to Sr.Developer etc.) and should have documented in LC.
I am also an applicant so please check with a qualified attorney. (I suggest you check some other attorney like Rajiv, Murthy etc because your attorney already made a mistake filing your LC).

Wish you good luck.

sanjaykapoor said:
My labor certification is for B.S. and 4 years of software experience. The job postion is for Sr. Developer.

I had 3 years 11 months before joining the company, and additional 12 months with my current employer as Developer before applying for LC.

Do you guys think I can get a RFE?

Would CIS consider 1 month as a de minimus and waive it? Can I use 12 months of experience with my current employer as Developer and claim that the jobs are dissimilar, and use that experience?

I have only few months on my H1, and little worried about.

Thanks in advance for all the advice and help.