Please Help. Ead Not Recvd.

gbaliga

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I applied for 485 in Aug. My lawyer sent the paperwork on Aug 14. INS VSC received on Aug 21 as per the postal Acknowledgment. Somewhere during 1st week of Sept they have encashed the cheque for 485 filing. It seems the cheque which was mailed to my lawyer from his bank was lost due to sept 11 postal confusion. I DONT HAVE A# no. It seems the A# is allocated by INS
and written on the back of the cheque sent for encashing. My lawyers cannot reach INS during day time as they are unreachable. Please suggest what shld I do. Dont knw how to track my case as I dont have A# number.
PLEASE HELP. Dont knw what to do. I have already crossed the 90 days limit. Can I apply for interim EAD in Newark,NJ without A#nos???

PLEASE HELP. THANKS IN ADVANCE

No Title

You really donot need the A# initially as INS can track your
case via your name. Callup IIO , explain to them your problem
and request them to give you A#/EAC# .

I CALLED INS but no help

I called INS and they refused to talk to me as per the rule they are not supposed to discuss with the immediate beneficiary about a case. They asked me to ask my lawyer to call them, and as you knw the lawyers dont have the patience to try to call INS.

It seems they also dont encourage FAX requests. Any suggestions???

If you have

I485 receipt, you should be able to see your A number.

I never saw a EAD receipt before so I am not sure about that...

If you want to apply the EAD by walk-in to the local INS, I think you can show them the EAD receipt since it\'s already past 90 days.

You don\'t need the A number for the EAD form. I believe you can either fill in your I94 number or A number if I am not mistaken...

VSC: EAD not received

Both mine & my wife\'s EADs were approved on 12/04/01. I received mine after more than 2 weeks on 12/20/01. But my wife\'s EAD is yet to come. I called VSC IIO and the agent told me that my wife has to wait for 30 days to confirm that the EAD is lost in the mail and then VSC \'may\' consider sending a new one.

1. Is there anybody who have gone through a similar situation? Will INS send a new EAD card?
2. I saw people writing about reapplying for the EAD card. Is that true?

Thanks,

No Title

yup if u intend to put them to work, u need EAD for them :)
but then u might be put behind bars for sending minor kids and babies to work, use u r brain man -----jeeeez

No Title

What?? IN 485/765 you are the applicant and beneficiary.
They are SUPPOSED to talk to you.
Are you the main applicant?