Please help! - Does INS process I-485 by receipt date or by notice date?

CBB

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Everybody:

I mailed my I-485 application in mid-June and recently was informed by my attorney that my application was erroneously sent back to me saying that I should file in California Service Center. As of today, my attorney re-sent the application back to VSC and also made a special request that my receipt date on the I-485 notice be recorded as mid-June versus probably sometime in October when the VSC mailroom finally opens my application package. To put a long story short, I will probably end up with a notice that has a receipt date of June, 2001, but with a notice date of October 2001. I would appreciate it if any of you would provide me with any information on the ramifications of this situation!

In addition, my attorney also mentioned that I may also file in California Service Center. If I did that, I will end up with a receipt date of September 2001. I am wrestling with continuing to file in VSC or start to file in CSC as I am primarily concerned with the 180-day issue. Besides, even though CSC is processing I-485 faster than VSC currently. However, who could predict the future. Please let me know if you have any advices. Thanks!!!!!!