please help: dependent's case approved, mine cannot be checked online

dreamdream

Registered Users (C)
I cannot check status of mine and my wife's online. What does it mean? Anxiously waiting for approval along with my daughter's, otherwise we will have to wait for years because of retro on visa numbers.

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Why are you here asking for help? Just go out with your wife, find a good place to celebrate! You are approved too! Enjoy!

effect on already applied 485 cases

Hi dreamdream ,
I have doubt that is there effect on the already filed 485 cases. Is these cases wont approve until the PD comes current. Or they will approve it.

My wife got RFE and in the process of the replying , my daugter 485 approved and waiting to finish the Biometrics to be done. So these cases they don't approve and send the card until PD comes current.

???

Thanks
Prospect_GC

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear dreamdream

First of all Don't panic, and relax,

It happens when their system have issue to pull ur records. and its normal, it will be avialable soon , try after few days.

On ur receipt there is phone no available to check status by phone try this too.

and after that all u may call ur service center directly,

to call directly use this method, usually Texas ppl get connected directly to TSc try ur service center.

First call 800 (you are going to check status by phone )
then follow this

Press 1 for english
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 for SRC/receipt no
Press 1 to confirm
Press 3
then Press 3 or 4 when u hear option, "If you have file multiple petitions and got seperated". Select that option, this will connect you to TSC direct.

Be nice and polite, and show ur patientce to them. trust me in this way you will dig it out info more than u expect. all you need is relax and smile. :D

Note: if u have issue to use ur Receipt #, then use any other old or ur spouse or any receipt to go thorugh, once connected u they ask for receipt so u give ur 485 receipt

Wish u good luck, and do share with us ur exp. :D

IBelieve said:
Why are you here asking for help? Just go out with your wife, find a good place to celebrate! You are approved too! Enjoy!

Dear 'Ibelieve'

I believe the base of this fourm is, ppl come here and ask and get help, in this world noone is perfect neither me or you, ppl do panic and desperatly look for immidiate answer or some kind sharing of words/experience that help them to und that this is not unique.

I believe you won't mean what u wrote, but it is sound rude if someone asking help and ppl reply "Why are you here asking for help", Try to be nice with ppl, we never know when moment come and we are in panic. :D

I am not trying to justify anything, but just sharing my opinion that If anyone can help to someone that's very good, and sometime slience is preferable.

Good Luck

prospect_gc said:
Hi dreamdream ,
I have doubt that is there effect on the already filed 485 cases. Is these cases wont approve until the PD comes current. Or they will approve it.

My wife got RFE and in the process of the replying , my daugter 485 approved and waiting to finish the Biometrics to be done. So these cases they don't approve and send the card until PD comes current.

???

Thanks
Prospect_GC

Looking at 'dreamdream' preference Catagory EB2 it is assumed that if before on endo of month of Sep EB2 are considered to get visa numbers, and once Oct start retrogression will be applied and even filed petition will not be considered to assign V-no and approve. thats why 'dreamdream' is sharing his/her concern that dependant has got apvd(its weird dependand get apvd first), and principal is waiting.

Good Luck

thank you all

Especially to PrinceofJungle for the useful information. I will try to call the number to check my status.

I believe 'Ibelieve' didnt mean to be unpolite, he was just joking about "why are you here asking for help?". I really hope what he said about the approval is the truth :)

Crossing my fingers ...

PrinceofJungle, I have seen many of your posts. Remember, "Don't be A wise guy". Don't write back, since I will take your advice, "silence is preferable".

dreamdream, I was sincerely happy for you. I know from some of the posts here, online message missing usually means approval. If in any way you got offended by my message, I apologize! Good Luck!

Good news for u dreamdream

Hi dreamdream,

I was in the same situation like u on sep19 and 20th( EB2-RIR). I tried even in the phone but hear the same that computer can't find my case number. Then came Good news! On sep 21th my case was approved. IF THEY ARE PROCESSING YOUR CASE, THEN THE STATUS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. So expect Great News and don't forget to share with us!
Good Luck!!

Same here

I can not check my I-485 status online started from 9/23/05, same message as dreamdream got. Hopefully this is a good sign as you said! Good luck for all of us!

case status

I can check my case status online, it hasn't changed for a year; however, my case status is not available over the phone, where I try to reach service center
filing inquiry. :confused: Anyone in the same boat?

Exactly like IBelieve and Poobala predicted, I receive the 1-485 notice from the mail. Online status still not available

To my surprise

Congratulations to flywash and poobala. The same happened here. IBelieve: you are right!

I called the customer service center yesterday morning and was told my case was also approved on the same day when my daughter's 485 was approved. To my surprise, all three approval letters were in my mailbox when I got home in the afternoon (still cannot check status online though). It seems that NSC is really working hard to remove the backlog now :)

Thanks for all your help and useful information, and most importantly encouragement. Wish all those who are applying or will be applying good luck! (And hope lulx-co will receive the magic email soon. )

dreamdream said:
I cannot check status of mine and my wife's online. What does it mean? Anxiously waiting for approval along with my daughter's, otherwise we will have to wait for years because of retro on visa numbers.

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Congradulations dreamdream,poobala and flywash! Really happy for you! For us who are hanging around, there maybe still a long journey ahead. Wish us all luck!