please help: check cleared, no receipt over 50 days.

habby

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I mailed an application for the family based green card (I-485, I-130 and I-765) to New York local office on 11/22/02. Ten days later, I received a fee receipt. It is a piece of small paper, exactly same as the receipt when we received from shopping, typing the each dollar amount for I-485, I-130, I-765. However till now, almost two months have passed, I haven’t received any receipt for I-485 and I-765. It means that I don't have my case number yet. Did someone have same situation as me: no receipt, no receipt number? Should I write a letter or directly go to the local office to ask for the receipt? I am quite worried about something wrong.

Also can I bring this fee receipt to the New York local INS office to ask for an iEAD?

Thanks.

same situation

Hi, Habby

I too am in the same situation. My attorney filed my I-130/I485 and EAD in october 2002. I never recieved a reciept foranything.

On Jan 6th 2003 my attorney called me and said the INS Had sent a letter and requested RFE.
INS asked for three years tax returned/marrige licence and a another photo.
This information was sent with origanal application, but was re-submitted on jan 13th 2003.

At this time that is all the information i have and no reciepts. Is there is anything i can do in my situation?

would i be eligable to go local INS ans ask for temp EAD or woud i have to wait until i receive the reciepts?

if any one has information and can help please reply

Thanks Sinbad
Ps Habby, i will keep you posted on my situation

habby,

Even though I went through my marriage-based AOS many years ago (1996), I still have my original receipt in my files.

My receipt is also just like one from a grocery store. At the top, it says:

US DEPT OF JUSTICE
LOS ANGELES INS
RETAIN THIS RECEIPT

Then there is the receipt date. After the date is an eight-digit number (e.g. 12345678) followed by the characters *#.
This eight-digit number is your alien registration number (A#), usually written A12345678 or A012345678.

After this number is my name in the following format:

LASTNAME/FIRSTNAME##

This is followed by the form numbers and filing amounts:

I130 ..... 80.00
I485 .... 130.00
I765 ..... 70.00
CHECK ... 280.00

This receipt was all I received until I was notified to come in to pick up my EAD.

Hope this helps.

vibro.

Need 90 days

You will receive a letter indicating that you can come and collect your EAD at a given date and time. I have seen it can take upto 90 days for one to receive that letter.

It took me 2 months to get that letter from Chicago INS office.

I applied in Sept (09/06/2002) and got my EAD on (11/06/2002).

Nothing to be alarmed. Hang in there....

Hope this allays your anxiety.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi, Sinbad, vibro,woodmouse:

Thanks so much for your useful information.

My receipt is quite same as vibro's. It is printed as follow:
U. S. I. N. S.
FEE RECEIPT
A CENTURY OF SERVICE

Date city

O*#
Name#

But there is no number after both #.

The next few lines are dollar amount. On the bottom of this paper, there is a number: it starts with 4-digit number followed by 3-digit number with small size. I am not sure if this is a receipt number.

Thanks.

Habby

Habby,

My receipt also has the large 4-digit and small 3-digit number at the bottom, but I think these may just be internal control numbers, not related to your application.

My alien registration number (12345678*#) was printed in exactly the same location as the O*# on your receipt. Maybe they were unable to assign a number to you at that time.

However, I would just follow woodmouse's advice and just hang in there. It took woodmouse two months to get his/her EAD. My EAD took two and a half months (in Los Angeles in 1996). You are coming up to the two month mark now, so I bet you'll receive your EAD appointment letter soon!

When dealing with the INS, patience is definitely a virtue!

vibro.