Please Help - Case with officer since past 3 months

Shraddha

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Our RD is Aug 20 \'99 ND is Sept 13 \'99 FP done Aug \'00 PD EB2 current - our case has been with an officer for the past 3 months ( since Mid Dec 2000). Whenever we call the only answer we get is that " You are gonna have to wait " - To add to it when we called last week we were told that our case has been reassigned with the SAME OFFICER - Anyone know what that means - how & why does a case get reassigned to the same officer. We wrote to a senator - 2 months ago - no help from there. Is there any higher authority that we can write to in order to get some answer.. This wait is frustrating... Any answers will be very helpful.

Thanks

No Title

RD/ND Aug 99, FP 7/00, NIW, PD 11/97, current.
Heard nothing from VSC since FP. Called IIO couple of times. They told they are retriving my A-file from Washington, DC since early Dec. 2000. Don\'t know how long I am going to wait. Probably you are in same situation. Very frustrating!!!

No Title

I am also in the similar situation. From 2000 onwards, my case is with an officer and under review.

Here is my detail :
      PD - 05/97
      RD - 08/99
      ND - 09/15/99
      Status as on 03/05/01 - No RFE, with an officer, under review.

The difference between ours could be company name change. My company changed its name before I filed my I-485.
I am hearing from the ND-sep99 club members that there is hold on company name change cases.

Good luck

Thanks

No Title

Thanks for ur response mogaram.. In our case too company has changed name. But can we be sure that is what is taking time? Any news on when the new regulations will come...

Good Luck to all out there.

No Title

Don\'t write to senator - Call them on the phone - they are very helpful - i did the same last week and they checked with ins and got back to me in 2 days =

No Title

Hi Shraddha,
   It is unfortunate that you are also joining our club. Now our cases are very similar. For some of the people in this club, their I-485 is on hold and some others are under review. I do not know what is the difference between \'Hold\' and \'Review\'.
   Regarding regulations, I do not know when it is going to be released. If you or anybody else has any information, please share it.

We are in a very pathetic condition. Thanks to INS.

Mogaram

No Title

Thanks Nice Guy & Mogaram for ur responses.

It is pretty frustrating when no IIO gives any proper response - add to it the company has changed name and now our case is in a state of "LIMBO". When we talked to the IIO they did not use the words hold or review - all they keep saying is that the case is with the officer (this has been going on for the past three months!!) . They keep saying that he is loaded with files - and so they will not and cannot tell him anything. When asked why is taking so long/How much longer are we going to have to wait "WHAT DO U WANT TO HEAR" - that is the question. Can u believe that??

Are there more people out there who are in a similar state of limbo? Please respond here so that we can get some idea about how many people are affected.

Also is there any higher authority that we can report this matter to
- no accountability, irresponsibility and incompetence is the reason why we have to go thru this torture and I dont think any of us deserve this kind of treatment.

Anyway Good Luck to All. Hopefully the new administration will do something to hold people accountable for what they do or dont do and we will all be out of this mess :)

Shraddha.

No Title

Similar situation. ND/RD Aug 99. EB2, PD feb98, Case assigned to an officer at least since January. No news, noRFE, no company name change. IIO\'s are not of any help.