Please help - advice needed

family_gc_nyc

I submitted my AOS application in January 2004 based on marriage to USC (along with my I-131 and I-765) at the NYC local office. The case was transferred to National Benefits Center and I had my finger-printing done in May 04.

I haven't heard anything from the INS since then but my online status changed recently and reads as follows: "the interview scheduled in this case has been cancelled. you will be notified if it is rescheduled".

I never received a notification that an interview was scheduled in the first place. Calling the Customer Service / writing a letter has not helped and I'm worried if my application is still in process.

Any thoughts/ advice? :confused:
Please help me!

what have they told you in their replies to your letter also have you contacted any lawyers? thats an awful long time to have your aos through that process last that long

i submitted my AOS about the same time and still haven't heard anything from them. it is awfully long!

i would contact a lawyer.

Just to let you know guys. I have submitted my AOS application in Feb 18, 2004 and my Interview is schedule for Feb 22, 2005.

Trueman999 said:
Just to let you know guys. I have submitted my AOS application in Feb 18, 2004 and my Interview is schedule for Feb 22, 2005.
hope your interview went smoothly. Where did you file your application? was it NYC?

I think you should make a visit to your local INS office( new york- I would transfer my file to another state but if you are stuck in NY welcome to a long long wait ahead of you...). Schedule an appointment on infopass and take a print out of the page that shows you that your appointment for the interview was cancelled.
It is a frustrating experience going there in person and dealing with the attitude of the officers but I would still give it a try. All the best..

interview got canceled and has to be reschedule

family_gc_nyc said:
I submitted my AOS application in January 2004 based on marriage to USC (along with my I-131 and I-765) at the NYC local office. The case was transferred to National Benefits Center and I had my finger-printing done in May 04.

I haven't heard anything from the INS since then but my online status changed recently and reads as follows: "the interview scheduled in this case has been cancelled. you will be notified if it is rescheduled".

I never received a notification that an interview was scheduled in the first place. Calling the Customer Service / writing a letter has not helped and I'm worried if my application is still in process.

Any thoughts/ advice? :confused:
Please help me!

Hey - I have the same message as you do saying "the interview scheduled in this case has been cancelled. you will be notified if it is rescheduled". I have waited for 3 months since that message. All you and I could do is "wait". Let's keep each other updated.

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the i

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, it has been saying this exact message when I check the status online for the past 1,5 years (since June 04). I've set up appointments w/ INS in NYC (where I live) - they tell me they can help me because "they dont have my specific case at hand". I've written AT LEAST 5 letters (without any answers), and I've called them and they're telling me they can't give me any info.

What to do? What has happened to the people who has / or have had this same problem??

Multiple little questions

Hello,
I have multiple questions and to avoid multiple posting I put them all here. Any advice is really appreciated.

I-131
Item 3. Class of admission. What is it?
Part 7.
In a sheet explain how you qualify, and what circumstances warrant
issuance of Advance parole. What documents or explanation are needed?

Part 7.1 one trip or more. Does it matter for being approved or not?

I-140
Part 6.9 wage per week.
I am teaching in a university and I have salary for 9 months only. Do I divide my sallary by 52 weeks or 40 weeks?

I-485
What is the correct visa name: H1, H1B, H1B1, or H-1B?

I-765
Item 16. For employment based immigration is: (c)(9) right?

I-134 (support for spouse)
Item 3. Need Spouse and child of my wife (my name and my son name) or leave it blank?

Item 7. Engaged in the business of 1... with 2...
What do I write for each? 1-Uiversity name- 2-teaching and research?

What is cash surrender value?

Item 11: Is it right? Furnished housing, all living, travels, health, and any other expenses for lifetime period.

End. Where can I do my oath? Banks? Lawyer?

Thank you in advance for any advice,
Asib

Asib said:
Hello,
I have multiple questions and to avoid multiple posting I put them all here. Any advice is really appreciated.

I-131
Item 3. Class of admission. What is it?
If you entered using H1, then write H1.

Part 7.
In a sheet explain how you qualify, and what circumstances warrant
issuance of Advance parole. What documents or explanation are needed?
A small letter explaining that you need to travel at a particualr date for a particular reason and your expected duration of travel.

Part 7.1 one trip or more. Does it matter for being approved or not?
Doesnt matter
I-140
Part 6.9 wage per week.
I am teaching in a university and I have salary for 9 months only. Do I divide my sallary by 52 weeks or 40 weeks?

I-485
What is the correct visa name: H1, H1B, H1B1, or H-1B?
Doesnt matter. Its usually H1-B. Look at your visa page in your passport.

I-765
Item 16. For employment based immigration is: (c)(9) right?
No. Your category is c(9) only if you are applying for EAD along with I-485, or applying for EAd with a pending I-485. Has nothing to do with family or employment.

I-134 (support for spouse)
Item 3. Need Spouse and child of my wife (my name and my son name) or leave it blank?

Item 7. Engaged in the business of 1... with 2...
What do I write for each? 1-Uiversity name- 2-teaching and research?

What is cash surrender value?

Item 11: Is it right? Furnished housing, all living, travels, health, and any other expenses for lifetime period.

End. Where can I do my oath? Banks? Lawyer?

Thank you in advance for any advice,
Asib

For the rest of your questions, pls ask someone from the employment forum. This forum is only for family based GC applicants.

Also... Would appreciate if you can start your own thread when you have questions instead of hijacking someone's thread this way.

Take care!