please help: ADDRESS CHANGE-- YOUR EXPERIENCE?

eb2kid

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am about to file my I-485, and my lawyers are making me paranoid about address change. I plan to move in about 6 months, and they recommend I should either not move until I receive my GC or not file until I move, b/c they say the address change often times goes wrong.

My questions
-- what are ppl's experiences w/ address changes of pending I-485's?

-- Has anyone used PO box numbers instead of physical addresses? My lawyers strongly advise against it, but I called the USCIS hotline twice and both parties said it was ok to use PO box addresses.

-- Has anyone tried their work or Mailboxes ETC address?

Thanks for your help.

My lawyers have told me the same thing. That's why I am not moving!
I have heard horror stories about the INS mail getting lost/misdirected. That's why I am going to follow the lawyer's advice.

Hi,

I am about to file my I-485, and my lawyers are making me paranoid about address change. I plan to move in about 6 months, and they recommend I should either not move until I receive my GC or not file until I move, b/c they say the address change often times goes wrong.

My questions
-- what are ppl's experiences w/ address changes of pending I-485's?

-- Has anyone used PO box numbers instead of physical addresses? My lawyers strongly advise against it, but I called the USCIS hotline twice and both parties said it was ok to use PO box addresses.

-- Has anyone tried their work or Mailboxes ETC address?

Thanks for your help.

Address change is imp. and very easy process

I personally had a good experience to send the address change notification. It iseasy and we can move anywhere during GC process provided we send the adddress chane within 2 weeks and also call them on 1800 number
I actually got my approval after the address change since my application was touched due to address change process and told the authorities to do something

Trust me and go for it !

We have I-485 appl pending.We recently moved and called USCIS first to give the new adress. Send AR11 after that and got letters for each member from USCIS stating our address is updated.(after 2 months). Don't know whether address change delay the processing?

Any info on that..

are you kiddin me?

address change is done online now

i have already done it 4 times after my 485 was filed!
How much time it tok to get confirmation from INS after online address changes.
I did it 10 days ago I have the online confirmation generated. Still no written communication from INS. last week I went to INFOPASs to check on this they said still old address is showing up in the system.
Since you did this ample times ; Can you please share your experience?
I mean when the actually the INS system reflects this address changes?