please help: ADDRESS CHANGE-- YOUR EXPERIENCE?

eb2kid

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am about to file my I-485, and my lawyers are making me paranoid about address change. I plan to move in about 6 months, and they recommend I should either not move until I receive my GC or not file until I move, b/c they say the address change often times goes wrong.

My questions
-- what are ppl's experiences w/ address changes of pending I-485's?

-- Has anyone used PO box numbers instead of physical addresses? My lawyers strongly advise against it, but I called the USCIS hotline twice and both parties said it was ok to use PO box addresses.

-- Has anyone tried their work or Mailboxes ETC address?

Thanks for your help.

Your hair should not fall while your GC is in progress. Otherwise they might reject your application as you will look different :) ..Just kidding....

Lawyers are there to make Money and give you advice..

I did address change on two occassions without any problem.

You should change your address by filing AR-11 and also call USCIS to change it on I485 also as last time I heard that AR-11 do not change address on any of the application filed with USCIS. As soon as you change it you'll recieve a letter from USCIS ..In my opinion its not going to affect anything.

Thx.

As soon as you change it you'll recieve a letter from USCIS ..In my opinion its not going to affect anything.

That's very encouraging to hear. Do you receive the written confirmation at your old address, or at your new address, or at both?

Thanks.