Please clarify

gcmagic

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
My I-140 approved on Feb 24 2005 and My lawyer faxed me the approval notice on March 03 2005 .But I got an email from USCIS on march 10 2005 on my I-140 case # that "Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on March 9, 2005. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283" .What is this heck again? I called USCIS THEY TOLD ME THAT MY LAWYER SHOULD CALL THEM .I even called my lawyer about this he said to me that Your case is approved donot worry about that.I am curious what is this written notice why they sent on my approved case pl clarify I appriciate your help...
Thanks

Your attorney is correct. Just relax and enjoy your moment. The attorney will and has to make arrangements to get the copy of the I140.

gcmagic
Since you are saying that your Lawyer already received, The return one might be from your company. I-140 approval notice will be sent to lawyer and also to the Petitioner { Which is the company processing your GC }. If your compnay has changed their address they need to call and change the address.

These are my 2 cents.

Thanks for your input but still i donot understand this "Final WRITTEN NOTICE" on my I -140 .Does the Employer / Lawyer gets the written notice from USCIS once the I-140 is approved.I thought they send an approval notice not the " WRITTEN NOTICE".Is this something new anyone had same experience before pl let me know .

question about changing job

Hey guys, Just get my 140 approved (concurrent file EB2 RIR, ND 12/02/03). do you guys know generally how long it may take to get 485 approved? By the way, if my 485 get approved, do I have to wait 180 days to change job? my case is RIR. I was told that the green card application is for future job, which means i have to work for the RIR position for at least 180 days after I get my 485 approved. Otherwise, I will be in trouble in future green card renew or naturalization process. Is that true?