Please assist with 1-730 interview

USAsylee

Registered Users (C)
My husband's i-730 got approved in August 2005. He is not in US and now they finally scheduled him for an interview after I wrote several letters to the congressman.

his interview is on March 31st at the U.S consulate in Pakistan. I want to know what kind of questions they will ask him. We have a son that is US citizen and another child expected in 2 weeks. My husband was in the US with me on an F1 and he went for his father's funeral. My asylum got approved after he left so I filed 1-730 for him which took 18 months to get approved.

Any suggestions or expereince are welcome.

The interview would be very simple but to verify your relationship. Just bring the documents (like marriage,birth,etc.) they requested and answer what they ask.

USAsylee said:
My husband's i-730 got approved in August 2005. He is not in US and now they finally scheduled him for an interview after I wrote several letters to the congressman.

his interview is on March 31st at the U.S consulate in Pakistan. I want to know what kind of questions they will ask him. We have a son that is US citizen and another child expected in 2 weeks. My husband was in the US with me on an F1 and he went for his father's funeral. My asylum got approved after he left so I filed 1-730 for him which took 18 months to get approved.

USA asylee there is no simple answer answer for your questions. Each case is different. I was the beneficiary of I-730 and I was interviewed overseas. It was really simple. Verification of relationship and simple questions; the reason my case was simple may have to do with the country I am coming from. In your case, If your espouse is a Pakistani Citizen and you are sending him the I-730 in Pakinstan he may have to answer a lot of questions that he would be if he were an Afganistan in Pakistan. In each case, be prepared and have a ready all important documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates......Good luck

Please Assist ASAP

Hey Faysal,

How long did they take after the interview to issue you a visa? Did the tell you on teh day of interview if you were approved or not. just to get an idea as to how long they will take and what is the procedure to get here.

Please any one on the forum, assist.

Thanks

USAsylee said:
Hey Faysal,

How long did they take after the interview to issue you a visa? Did the tell you on teh day of interview if you were approved or not. just to get an idea as to how long they will take and what is the procedure to get here.

Thanks
The way they processed my case was different and each case is different. At the interview they did not tell me the status of my interview, whether I passed or not. I came back after two weeks and they gave me my approval letter. After that I had to through a number of procedures, like medical ... the whole process took about 4 months; however, time and space are very important. I mean procedures change over time...who knows. in your family's case it could be faster or slower. Good luck...

USAsylee said:
Hey Faysal,

Thanks
i left you message .ask him your questions .

Last edited by a moderator:
I came back after two weeks and they gave me my approval letter. After that I had to through a number of procedures, like medical ... the whole process took about 4 months...

ARE YOU SERIOUS???!

i always thought the derivatives would get their visas next day after the interview. My wife and kids are scheduled for their interview in May in Moscow.

In our case, after the USCIS approval, their case were forwarded not to Consulate directly but to International Organisation for Migration in Moscow. They have medical center which does the medical and help with all the process. Actually the medical is scheduled two days before consulate interview. So i was hoping that would be pretty much it, i hate to think my family will have to fly back to Moscow again just to pick up their papers.

oh my God, i pray it does not take any longer than that. we are expecting a child due in September. This may complicate the case because then we would need additional papers for a child.

anybody with the same experience, please???

I do not know about other countires, but yes! I can tell you about my spouse's I-730 interview in India. Other than normal interviewing questions/documents verification etc... they aslo asked her questions of date_of_births/probable_age of her brothers/sisters & my brothers/sisters etc, then she was asked about all these people's level_of_education/ admissions_in_specific_class/ grades_in_schools/ colleges at their certain ages and at the time of our marriage etc.....it look strange.. but yea! their idea was to do through interrogation to find if our probable date_of_marriage was correct and they considered people around us as objects to verify our probable marriage date?...their ages were compared with our ages .....about the timings when we attended schools.... when we got married etc etc....

My wife's was asked for second interview where she was instructed to bring our pictures (immediately-prior to the marriage and very recent ones) so that they could see the age difference on our faces....... Finally our I-730 was recommended for denial by indian origin IO (working in US consulate) by saying that we didnt get married on the date mentioned in our I-730 and it appears that our marriage happened very recently.....then our congressman had to write atleast six letters to get some response.....After one 'n a half year..... INS issued me intent to denial notice in USA.... I replied ... but still it was denied by saying that they did not receive my response... I challenged it.... and finally case was re-opened.....but before that .... my spouse had already landed in this country by crossing one of its borders....she just could not suffer all this injustice/pain.... We finally 'WON' this I-730 at this stage... INS granted her with required status!!

My friends.. be prepared for any thing un-expected... do through preperation...please do not take it lightly... u can come across any corrupt contract IO (from our COPs) working in US consulates OR any biased IO...who can make your life 'a hell'...

http://www.visalaw.com/00mar2/14mar200.html

Do not get discouraged!... please prepare answers of everything un-expected as well....Good Luck... :)

USAsylee said:

My own experience as a derivative:
I didn't go to the interview at all, because I was in the US on a tourist visa at that time. I went to the local INS with my approved I-730 and requested I-94 replacement. I received new I-94 marked as "Aylum granted, indefinite status..." sort of thing. It took them about 2 months. Once I had my asylum I-94, I could apply for SSN, work permit and also file I-485 after 1 year.
I got approved for my GC in Dec 2005.
I was never interviewed.

Again - this is only my experience. If your husband has a valid US visa, you can consider it. You should consult other sources.
Good luck.

Guys, guys..

i want to hear your opinions, your thoughts, your experience, pls.

The I-730 interview is set for end of May in US embassy in Moscow. I do not worry much about the interview itself. But as i said we are expecting a child in August. Will they let a newborn into the US as well with others or will i have to apply for him from all over again?

Anybody has dealt with International Organization for Migration, especially their office in Moscow?? Those russian girls on the phone are NO help. Very rude.

I want to ask senator/congressman for help. I dont think it will do much though.

What else can i do at this point??

thanks