please advise

floating cloud

Registered Users (C)
Hi, friends

can anyone help me answer this question?

My freind is on EB1A (Filed April, 2002) and is doing medical research, but he will switch to do a clinical residnecy starting July, he was terribly worried that if they will pick us his case after the job switch, and may think he is not working in the same area (though he will eventually be doing related medical research) as the I 140 is based, and may cause trouble to his case approval, has anyone been through this? please share your opinion, many thanks!!

is he working for the same sponsor? If so, do the two jobs fall under same/similar category? I switched jobs within the company and received an employment based RFE after the change (I485 was pending for ~ year). since the two jobs were similary USCIS did not object. From my limited knowledge, physicians doing their residency do not generally fall under EB1. there is a different route for them. You can look it up in murthy.com

If he has a pending I485 and no employment based RFE is issued the case could be approved without any problems. If they do ask for employment verification the above items I mentioned may factor in.

Anyone else with more information?
rgds,
sadiq