Please Advise - Urgent

sachi12

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have to travel to Cananda. My H1 stamping has expired but have valid 1-94 till Feb 2008. I have AP receipt but AP not approved yet. I have 2 questions:

1. Can I reenter US based on valid I-94?
2. Will it impact my GC process?

Thanks,

1. You cannot reenter US based on a valid I-94, you need get your H1B visa stamped. It is recomended to get stamped from the country of your origin.
2. It will not impact your GC process as long as you status is leagal.

Thanks for your response. However, I will be using AVR - Can reenter USA from Canada on same I-94 without surrendering it during exiting USA.

AVR rule has not changed. Please confirm.

Thanks

These days they take off I-94 cards at the airport even if you were travelling to Canada (Last I flew to Toronto was in Sept 07, earlier they didn't used to off I-94 for Canada travel). I am not sure now but a couple of years back they didn't took out my I-94 when driving by road. But again it is a risk and am not up to date on that.

try to get an emergency AP just incase you HAVE to exit by February. Approved AP is required, if you want AP back up plan.

try to get an emergency AP just incase you HAVE to exit by February. Approved AP is required, if you want AP back up plan.

Ask a good immigration attorney.... He/she should be familiar with this situation.... rules change... you don't want to take any chances....

Hi
You could use AVR. U will not handover your I94 if you are going to canada for less than 30 days....I recently used AVR in October.So it works fine & doesnt affect your green card if you are going to canada to get canadian PR. Just take the prints of AVR rule to be on safe side...I did have approved AP as a back up but never used it.