Please advise, urgent!

calhp1

Registered Users (C)
I filed my I-140 and already got the receipt notice, last week I sent out my I-485 application along with my EAD application, I am going to send out my wife's I-485 this week due to the medical examination delay.

Now I just notice this in the I-485 application instruction:

If the spouse or child is in the United States, the individual derivatives may file their Form I-485 adjustment of status applications concurrently with the Form I-485 for the principal beneficiary, or file the Form I-485 at anytime after the principal is approved, if a visa number is available.

I am vey concerned now. Here is my question:
"the individual derivatives may file their Form I-485 adjustment of status applications concurrently with the Form I-485 for the principal beneficiary", Does that mean that my wife's appliation need to be sent with mine at the same time and in the same envolope. In this situation (since it is only one or two weeks await) what should we do to make sure the applications will be handled together instead of my wife waiting util my I-140 approval in order to file the I-485.

Also the service center that handle my case is only an hour away from my place, is it a good idea to go to the office and talk with the official there to clear things up.

Any help will be appreciated!
thanks.

Filing concurrent means:

1. Either sending all your file and your wife's file in the same packet.

2. Either you send your packet and wait to get a receipt number and then file your wife's file referring your file number(A#).

Both of the above is called concurrent. I am not sure what you did to show yours is to be considered concurrent.

Either withdraw your wife's petition now and wait for your A#, then file it again using the A# on your file.

Hope it helps..

Want GC Soon