Please advise! Two I-485s at the same time!

CBB

Registered Users (C)
I live in California. However, I got my Labor Certificate and I-140 approved at VSC due to my employer being headquartered in a state under the jurisdiction of VSC. I submitted my I-485 application to VSC back in June 2001 and the application was initially rejected by VSC as they claimed that I should file in CSC due to my residency in California. My attorney resubmitted the I-485 application back to VSC in Sept\'01, but also filed another I-485 application at CSC at the same time for safety\'s sake. The gist of the long story is that I now have filed for I-485 adjustment at both CSC and VSC.

As of today, I have received the FP notice from CSC, but not from VSC yet. I have the following questions:

1)Should I decide to cancel the application at VSC and proceed with FP at CSC, will CSC request file transfer (labor certificate and I-140) from VSC? If yes, when will they request the transfer? Is it after the FP is done or the fact that I have received the FP notice from CSC meant that CSC has already had my files??? How risky is it to have files transfered between service centers? I heard stories of files getting lost and the GC process has to be started all over again!

2) Will VSC send me a FP notice too? Would I have the option of waiting for the VSC FP notice while holding off doing the FP for CSC?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!