Please Advise..Transfering from one university to another during waiver application is in process??

eck132

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have one important question that I really need help, and I really appreciate if you could advise me. I am in the second 18 months period of my academic training. I applied waiver 3 weeks ago (april 16) based on NOL. Typically my home country embassy sends NOL to DOS in 3 months or so. So I am looking at 5 to 6 months (around mid October) to finish everything (receive the waiver).

I am currently working in a university. I have an offer from another university, which I will start working in Sept 1, 2009 (most probably before I receive my waiver).

My question is "Does transferring from one university to another without extending DS 2019 (during waiver process is pending) affect my waiver application? ". If so, please let me know what I should do.

In the new position, I will be in the same program and have the same subject code as I have now in my DS 2019. But I am assuming they will issue me a new DS 2019.

I really appreciate your response. Thanks very much...

Hi All,

I have one important question that I really need help, and I really appreciate if you could advise me. I am in the second 18 months period of my academic training. I applied waiver 3 weeks ago (april 16) based on NOL. Typically my home country embassy sends NOL to DOS in 3 months or so. So I am looking at 5 to 6 months (around mid October) to finish everything (receive the waiver).

I am currently working in a university. I have an offer from another university, which I will start working in Sept 1, 2009 (most probably before I receive my waiver).

My question is "Does transferring from one university to another without extending DS 2019 (during waiver process is pending) affect my waiver application? ". If so, please let me know what I should do.

In the new position, I will be in the same program and have the same subject code as I have now in my DS 2019. But I am assuming they will issue me a new DS 2019.

I really appreciate your response. Thanks very much...

Once the waiver in in process, you cannot transfer or extend your DS-2019 even if the waiver gets rejected. So once your current DS expires, you have to move on to another visa type if you get the waiver, or if your waiver is rejected you either use another waiver type (interested government agency, persecution, etc) or go home and enjoy quality time with your family.