Please Advise me

tuxedo

Registered Users (C)
My H1B is valid till 15 April 2005(completes 6 years ).

I have already applied my 140 and 485(JAN 2004 at VSC) and i hope i get the approvals without any problems.

My only worry is my case is a Labor substitution (exact match)and if my 140 gets rejected ( hope not) will i have any options other than leaving the country as i will be reaching my 6 years limit by the time USCIS takes a decision on my 140.

What should be my backup plans at this point(still have about 1 year on my H1B).
Please advise me.

new labor

for a backup plan you can have another labor applied. Your labor needs to be pending for atleast 365 days. or apply another labor substitute based I140. if one fails you could fall back on another for 7th extension.

I am also looking for labor substitute now because not have good feeling about the current I140.

How to find substitute labor?

rajudm,
I am also looking for a labor substitute for myself, just to get this GC tide under my toe.
My H1 is valid till May 2005 and I have applied for another labor in Feb this year as a back up. I am sure my earlier 140 would be rejected as the company is running into big time issues with the labor department, have not paid many employees in the past, who have now sued the company and many of them have won the cases as well. Although, I was paid all the time. The employer can not reply to a query on financials ( Which I am sure to get) otherwise it would lose all pending cases.
I am too tired to try the route of 4 years again and am looking for some quick workaround like labor substitute.
How do we find one? What are the ways and options to proceed?
In short, tips if you know any.
I am currently residing in CA although my earlier labor is from Vermont and the backup one from CA.

Thanks in advance.