Please advice!!!

schowdhury

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am planning to land in CA. I am H1 holder. But my new H1 is not stamped in the passport. I have the I-797 approval notice original and I-94. The old H1 is expired [but I have the I-94 attached with the passport]. I am a citizen of a commonwealth nation.

My question is, is this gonna cause any problem with US immigration, while returning to US. I am planing to land by car.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Of course Not

I am planning to land in Toronto next week. My I-485 is taking too long: My ND is Sep 20, 2000.

There is absolutely no relationship between the 2 governments. Many have done this before. You are fine as long as you have AP or H1 valid stamp on your passport.

It doesn\'t matter if you are from the Common Wealth countries or not for the purpose of returning to the US.

When you land in CA, please take out your I-94. When you return to the US, please return it.

There is no law in the US saying if you apply for th Canadian GC, you will face some problems.

No Title

When LANDING take out your 1-94 from Your Passport but when comining Back to US from Canada you will not meet Canada officer you will face US officer so at that time you should SHOW your 1-94 to INS officer better put it in your passport before meeting the INS officer

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOR 1-94 AS POSTED in Erlier Post by Some one, it has to be Kept in Passport and INS officer will look at it and allow you to enter US, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT OR GIVE/SURRENDER YOUR 1-94 to INS officer, you have just to SHOW it.

Thank you!

Thanks for moth og you for your input. I apreciate it.

My question was that since my H1 is not stamped in the passport, will it be a problem. From both of your input, it seems like it is not a problem.

The one who is lending next week[ forgot your id], could you let me know your landing exp in this discussion board?

Thank you again for your advice.

God bless you all.

Good luck.

Caution !

I would strongly advise caution to you. I would suggest first get your passport validated, before you leave the country. Please note that a valid visa is required before entering the country. Please consult an attorney if there is confusion