please advice, my I-485 is pending, it was filed

wonet2001

Registered Users (C)
in NSC, and transfered to local INS office, it has been two years, currently, I use EAD to work in A company, it\'ll expire on 05/01/2002, and renewal form has been filed in INS office, didn\'t get my renewal EAD yet, ok, here is my question, if i am laid off before i get EAD, can i still get my EAD card? can my company tell INS to revoke my EAD petition, even my I-485 petition? basically, how to maintain my legal status in usa if i am laid off before i get my I-485 approval, thanks a lot

do not worry be happy!!

I jsut saw your message here, do not worry be happy, once U cross 180 days of filing with I 485 stage, U are totally safe as per the new law of AC21 issued by INS, since your application was filed more than 2 years ago, U ARE VERY SAFE, with my experience when U go for the renewal of EAD, INS will never ask employment letter, all they ask is your passport,copy of I 485 RD/ND (that is already with U), if U go to local INS office they will give U on the same day (Tuesday) all EADs are issued on TUESDAY only (most of the INS Local Office).
After 180 days of filing your I 485 your sponsorer will not have a right to invoke your GC application, even if he does, INS will not bother about it, at the most INS will ask you a current employment letter from U, with the same JOB title & salary, that what U have mentioned at the time of Labor application & I 140 stage !!

Good luck, be happy and enjoy your life!!
ramukesi