Please advice! jaxen and all gurus...!

gcapp2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I would like to ask the board how the INS tests the financial stability of a company during the I-140 stage?

Here's my situation: I have an approved LC and pending I-140/485 cases. My company has been around for nearly 10 years with a steady stream of revenue. For the first time in 11/2001, we all had paycuts followed by layoffs. In 7/2002, our company brought back our pays to it's 11/2001 levels - in my case offering more pay and I still have the same job. Now in 10/2002, the CEO says that our pay will be postponed by a couple of weeks as we are waiting on some significant business deals that should get us enough cash to pay everyone. This shows that we are not cash rich. And also, perhaps, the taxes from my pay won't reach the IRS for two weeks.

From what point of view could an INS officer look at this case? We have sent all the required paystubs/annual reports etc., at the point of I-140/485 filings. How could the INS officer look at the financial ability of the company to pay my wages? Does anyone think that I may have a weak case??

I am new to this board. Please advice. I am very anxiously awaiting your valuable replies. Thanks in advance.

gcapp2002

gcapp2002

Yes Ins look at yor company tax statements at 140 stage. Basically they will determine the your company stability by seeing old finacial statements that way they want to make sure employer can support the employee after getting green card. You submited all the documentation like Company annual reports and your pay checks that is more than enough to proceed on your case. I don't see any problem in your case. They won't check the present condition of your company. Your company is in business from past 10 years. At present there are so many companies not doing good because of bad economy. As per my knowlede INS don't have any access to IRS.
Good Luck
sai55

Thanks

Thanks for your repsonse Sai55. I guess the real concern should be when INS could check the company's data in a real-time mode. Thanks again.