Please advice guys....(Myladoor, OCt2000 and others)..I am tensed

abibala

ND -March\'00 FP March\'01 and RFE 2nd May\'01
My H-1 expired on 14th APril\'2000 and sent for renewal on 22nd march BUT
now since I am waiting for Green Card Aprroval(and H-1)..RFE sent on 2nd May for Employment letter.
Now Since I have expired I-94 , WHAT are the consequences on GC since we need to show
I-94 while stamping..TODAY I was denied for Driving License since I am carrying different state License.
According to them I should have valid I-94.

Please ADVICE
thanks

No Title

You won\'t be having any issue in going for stamping. I don\'t think you need unexpired I-94 when you go for stamping. You can submit your expired I-94. They are just collecting it back. Once you applied for 485 you need not worry about I-94 unless you go out of the country. H-1 renewal is just an additional security for you. Your GC in independant of H-1. I am sorry to hear that your drivers license got rejected since you don\'t have current I-94. Hoep this helps.

No Title

Just Relax !!! You are absolutely fine. Once you entered in AOS status you don\'t need maintain H1B status ie. You don\'t need to have new I-94. Just submit the whatever I-94 cards you have at the time of stamping if at all they asked you to submit I-94 card. Not every local INS office asks for it. It varies office to office. I guess the I-94 card tells them you have inspected while entering into US other than this I don\'t think it will serve any other purpose at this point of time.

Denying driving licence is nothing to do with your passport stamping. Why do they care about your expired I-94 card if at all they want to conform your status that you are legally staying is US show them your I-485 receipt notice.

Everything will be fine. Wish you GoodLuck.

No Title

My lawyer told me as long as you filed H-1 renew before the first one expired you are OK. You can still work, stay... Show INS local office your expired I94 and H-1B renewal receive notice. You will be just fine.

No Title

My I-94 expired on 14th FEB and H-1 expired on 14th April-2001.
(It should be same but due to mistake of an officer while arriving ..the dates are different)..SO my I-94 expired on 14 FEB 2001
but H-1 expired on 14 APril 2001..AND H-1 was applied on 22nd MArch 2001.. DOES it proves me on STATUS??

EB-2 pd-mrach2000

No Title

If you wouldn\'t have filed your AOS(I-485) you were OUT OF STATUS, since you have filed your AOS way before your I-94 expires you are in AOS status. Maintaing H1 status is just option only, not required.