Please adive...

picachu

Registered Users (C)
My family members visited USA some time back on visitor visa. They got visa at Madras for 10 years multiple entry (a letter \'M\' under entries on visa stamp). They are planning to visit USA for a second trip. Do they still need to go to Madras or they can just come here bypassing visa stamping since they have 10 year multiple entry visa ? What kind of questions they face at the port of entry. I need advice from somebody who already went through this process. Please share your expierience.

Thanks.

Same boat..

I am in the same boat. I am positive that your folks don\'t have to go to consulate agian. Just ask them to buy tickets and they will be all set to fly into US. As far as question at POE are concerned, they will be asked the same questions they were asked the first time. Of course they can say that they have to tour more places in US.

Hope that helps

As long as their visa is valid...

As long as their entry visa (or simply, "visa") is valid, they don\'t have to go to a consulate to get another entry visa to the USA. Ask them to check the "expiry date" on their visa stamp. "M" is for Multiple Entry. If that\'s the stamp they have on their visa, they can enter and leave the USA as many times as they want (as long as their stay is less than maximum allowed days per visit) within visa validity period. No need to keep getting new visas. I\'ve done that in past when I travelled outside the country on business trips.
Note- that an entry visa is automatically invalid/cancelled if anyone overstays their allowed time period per visit! There are also certain restrictions governing validity of a tourist visa- for example, if anyone accepts employment while on a tourist visa, their visa is immediately invalid and they are illegally in this country!

At the port of entry, they\'ll face same usual questions.. depending on interviewing INS officer. But since they\'ve been to the USA once, and as promised they went back- it\'ll be a positive thing. A proven history of honest tourist visits is always a good thing. All INS officer is trying to do is verify information and make sure you\'re not going to stay in the country forever (Tourist visa are temporary).
Just ask them to make sure to be truthful and NOT be deceptive about anything to the INS officer- this is what those officers do for a living and they\'re very good at catching lies and dishonesty! There\'s nothing to be worried about if they\'re honest about everything!

No problem.

They can come no problem. just pick a bag in Chennai and board the aircraft. Pl tell them to have the papers (affidavit, Employment letter of yours in handy fashion).

Thats it.

--amburan.

I\'m in the same boat too !!

I\'m pretty sure, they don\'t have to go for VISA stamping, but I don\'t know if I have to send them the same paperwork, which I sent them when they visited the first time !

The paperwork included Affidavit of support, bank statements, Letter of invitation, My H1 Papers or Photocopy of PR Stamping, paystubs etc.

Can anybody throw some light on this issue !!

thanks

Same paper work- but CURRENT!

They should always carry CURRENT paperworks when dealing with INS officers- ie affidavit of support, bank statements, your H1 papers/etc. I believe affidavit of support is generally valid for upto a year (I\'m not positive on that time frame), so if your parents are coming over within that much time, I don\'t believe you\'d need to send them a new one. However, to be on a safe side I\'d send them a new affidavit anyway!

You must have sent them all these papers before they went to consulate for visa stamping (multiple entry)
Now If they have the multiple entry stamp they do not have to go again to consulate. They are permitted to travel to US provided the visa has not expired and the duration of visit will be stamped at port of entry.

thanks guys...

Thanks guys for you quick turnaround and pouring with lots and useful information...will follow your advices.