Plastic Cards in max two months?

redforgreen

Registered Users (C)
Check out following on INS website (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp) ... Does it mean one can expect to get the plastic card within 60 days of 485 approval or fingerprinting?.

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

redforgreen said:
Check out following on INS website (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp) ... Does it mean one can expect to get the plastic card within 60 days of 485 approval or fingerprinting?.

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

It says exactly what it says. You are not understanding what it says. Read that simple english statement again. It is really simple.

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

I called USCIS for plastic card

... as on their website it is mentioned to call USCIS, if one does not recieve the physical green card in 60 days of approval.

Today the case status is updated to ".....we responded to your request for more information concerning your case .....".

Any one of you guys in same situation?

dsfgh100 said:
It says exactly what it says. You are not understanding what it says. Read that simple english statement again. It is really simple.

I disagree. It's typically convoluted BCIS language. You are granted permanent residence status the minute your 485 is approved. However, it is passport stamping that invokes the issuance of the plastic card process as they need your photos, fingerprint and signature. So, for example, if your 485 is approved but you wait 59 days to get your passport stamped, then the statement would indicate that you could call the NSC and start an enquiry one day after stamping. They should refer to "60 days after stamping" or "60 days after completing processing" rather than "60 days after being granted permanent residence..."

wik said:
I disagree. It's typically convoluted BCIS language. You are granted permanent residence status the minute your 485 is approved. However, it is passport stamping that invokes the issuance of the plastic card process as they need your photos, fingerprint and signature. So, for example, if your 485 is approved but you wait 59 days to get your passport stamped, then the statement would indicate that you could call the NSC and start an enquiry one day after stamping. They should refer to "60 days after stamping" or "60 days after completing processing" rather than "60 days after being granted permanent residence..."

wik. Maybe you are pointing out an intricate play of words. I am a simple person. I do not play with words. No one will wait for 59 days to get the stamping done. Nice point you make, but it is moot to the discussion.

------------------------
Spirit of USA Personal Responsibility, Opportunity, Equality.

I also have the same situation as 'redforgreen'. I called USCIS and the next day the status is changed to ".....we responded to your request for more information concerning your case .....".
I also got two e-mails to this effect.
AD: 11 May 2004
PS: 15 May 2004
Plastic card: waiting

when I went to USCIS office to stamp my passport. I was told card will arrive around 6 ~ 8 months more or less.

lisansw said:
when I went to USCIS office to stamp my passport. I was told card will arrive around 6 ~ 8 months more or less.
I was told to expect my card between 6 and 12 months from the date of stamping. My card arrived after 12 days. There is no rule.

dsfgh100 said:
wik. Maybe you are pointing out an intricate play of words. I am a simple person. I do not play with words. No one will wait for 59 days to get the stamping done. Nice point you make, but it is moot to the discussion.

------------------------

I agree with wik, 485 is an adjustment of status, the minute it is approved, your status being changed to PR. that's why, if you are out of country and u r approved, you have go thru differed inspection when you come back, yr AP and H1 become invalid.

Why the hell you fight with everyone in this forum, wik was not insulting you, but you r reacting like he was insulting you.

redforgreen said:

Yes. You can expect a plastic card within 60 days. If you are lucky you may get it within 60 days. If you do not get within 60 days, you can make an enquiry about plastic card. When will you or we get our cards is unpredictable. Some people got plastic cards within a month or two months or more. I am also waiting for my card. Good luck!

Bindaas said:
Why the hell you fight with everyone in this forum, wik was not insulting you, but you r reacting like he was insulting you.

Thanks Bindaas,

dsfgh100 is well known for hassling everyone here. Until the moderators remove him, I've simply added him to my 'blocked' list so I don't see anything he says anyway. :) So he's getting typing-cramp for nothing.

Bindaas said:
I agree with wik, 485 is an adjustment of status, the minute it is approved, your status being changed to PR. that's why, if you are out of country and u r approved, you have go thru differed inspection when you come back, yr AP and H1 become invalid.

This is what I said earlier:
dsfgh100 said:

Would you care explaining how that is considered insulting? I see my reply as a very polite disagreement to the point wik brought up. Bindass, it seems you want to instigate a fight here, because you are making wik think he was insulted. He was not.

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

dsfgh100 said:

How exactly is this a moot point? The statement on the USCIS website is ambiguous and so is their response to enquiries so far.

Your original response to the post was worse! You were your usual condescending, idiotic self. If you couldn't answer the question, just don't reply to insult the original poster.

You are not a simple person. You are, however, an extremely moronic person with a belligerent nature.

Your sole goals on this forum are to pick fights and insult people, not to mention pushing your political agenda down people's throats. Providing reliable immigration advice to anyone other than a monkey is far beyond your intellectual capacity.

You are moot to any immigration discussion on this forum.
Your responses do make me laugh at your stupidity, though, so keep up the good work <i guess>

gb111 said:
old stuff

gb111. You disagree with me. Thats OK. But you bring up old topics for discussion, that is boring. Got anything new?

------------------------

dsfgh100 said:
gb111. You disagree with me. Thats OK. But you bring up old topics for discussion, that is boring. Got anything new?

------------------------

Old topics for disussion? Ok, here's something new.... If you don't have anything useful or constructive to add to a discussion, refrain from posting anything at all....

You being obstinate and belligerent may be an old topic to you, but you don't seem to be changing your habits on this forum, so it is still open season (in my books) on attacks against your mule-headedness....