Plastic Card

skjy

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone share their experience? I got my passport stamped in Miami on the 18th of November, 2004. I still have not recd any notification on Plastic Card Ordered. The date on my 485 case has been updated to the 19th of November but that is it. Does anyone have a clue if this is normal? I have seen many people on this forum who have recd their cards in 3-4 weeks.

Call the newly reopened National Service Center. They will forward your call to the Service Center.
If 30 days have passed since stamping and card still not recieved, you can call the National Service Center.

Refer to www.murthy.com

skjy said:
Can anyone share their experience? I got my passport stamped in Miami on the 18th of November, 2004. I still have not recd any notification on Plastic Card Ordered. The date on my 485 case has been updated to the 19th of November but that is it. Does anyone have a clue if this is normal? I have seen many people on this forum who have recd their cards in 3-4 weeks.

I got my 551 stamp in Miami on November 1, 2004 and received my card in two and a half weeks. Definitely initiate an inquiry.

Scott

Thanks for the information. I just called the Texas Service Center and spoke with Officer Smith. She was very helpful and said that both our cards (me and my wife) were stuck in the system because of some internal reason(who knows what that is). She said that she has removed the hurdle and will make sure that we get in the next 6 weeks. She also mentioned that there are other applicants also stuck in the system and it helps to call. So, if there is anyone out there who is still waiting for a card after getting passport stamped then I would urge you to call the National Service Center.

Once again this Forum has been a great source of information and I thank everyone for their support and wish all the best to all who are still going through their immigration process.

skjy,
Good to know that you will receive your cards soon. Can you share how you could be able to speak to an officer in the TSC? Did you call the 1-800 number and they transferred you to the officer? Thank you!

I called the 1-800 number and entered my case number and then chose some option which is for case approved and card not recd. I think, based on your receipt number it transfer you to the appropriate INS office. Mine was transferred to Texas and I spoke to office Smith. Hope this helps.