Plastic Card

xi

Registered Users (C)
Hi, is it possible to get approved from one service center but get stamped from a local office falling in another service center. For example, get approved from NSC but get stamped from Boston, VSC. This can be helpful, for example, because my impression is that VSC is much faster than NSC in issuing actual plastic cards. Any comments, guys?

yes

Yes you can very much get your passport stamped in a local office which falls under different service center but you GC will come from the Service center from where you filed your GC. I know this becos I have already done that way and waiting for my plastic card.

Raj,

Are you sure that GC comes from the office where you filed your 485 and not from the office where you get stamped. Because in that case, it would really not make a difference for me because NSC is anyway taking more than 1 year for issuing. I was hoping that if I would have got stamped at a VSC local office, the GC would have come sooner.

Does anyone know what is required for restamping of passport after one year if the actual plastic card does not show up in a year. I mean if a complete change of job field is possible or does one really need to wait till one gets the actual card in hand.

Thanks!