Plastic Card Pending or 485 Pending

EB4852001

Registered Users (C)
Both my wife and my 485 were approved at the end of May. We got the stamp at the same time in NYC early June. I (Primary) got my card in July, but my wife(Dependent) still didn’t get hers so far.

According to USCIS’s website:
"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

So we called (800) 375-5283 early August and give them all her information.

Her LUD was changed from “485 Approval” to follow up messages on Sept 6.
--------------------------------------------------------------
On September 2, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Today we got a letter from VSC by mail saying
========================
On 08/…/2004 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted USCIS about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Person who contacted us: ……
Case type: I-485 PERM RES/ADJUST STATUS
Filing date: 12/…/2001
Type of Service Requested: NON-DELIVERY
Receipt number: EAC……………
Beneficiary:

The status of this service request is:

Our computer systems show that your petition/application is still pending Service consideration.
========================

Does it mean her I-485 application still pending??? or just plastic card pending/waiting?

We are planning to go to overseas very soon. Can she use the GC Stamp to come back USA freely? Does anybody have same situation?

If you've recvd stamping in your Passport, it means your case "is approved". There is no reversal on that (unless there is some extreme scenarios which we'll rule out for the time being). Having said that, i guess the message is for "card pending".