Plastic Card Not Recd - Thru Consular Processing.

gpve

Registered Users (C)
I came into the country after getting my GC thru consular processing in Chennai. My passport was stamped on March 3, 2002. It is over 6 months now & I have not recd my card. What is the process to find out the status and what phone number to call. My residence is in Boston. Any help woule be appreciated.

Thanks.

give them a call

You should have got your card by now. Maximum waiting time to receive plastic cards after entering the country through CP is one month. The cards for CP people are done by a private company in Texas (for east coast entry):

"The Immigration Card Facility (ICF) - (214) 655-1500
The ICF is not a government agency per se, but a private contractor based in Arlington, Texas. All alien registration cards (also known as "green cards" or form I-551's) are manufactured there. If more than six months have gone by since the temporary permanent residence stamp was placed in your passport and you still haven't received your plastic green card, you may want to give the ICF a call. "

Additionally I had compiled the approximate waiting times for plastic cards for various POEs:
Atlanta - 8 days
Detroit - 11-17 days
Boston - 14 days (consistant)
New York - 15 days
Houston - 18 days
Chicago - 20 days
Newark - 22 days
Los Angeles - 22-28 days
San Fransisco - 25-40 days

West coast PR plastic cards are sent from Laguna Niguel, CA

Please post your experience for the benefit of others.
good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks brb for the info. I tried calling the ICF number & looks like it is not the correct number. How did you get this number & how did you find out about the ICF? I don't have any info on the ICF. Will they give us the info? What are the alternate steps that I can take to receive the card soon. Thanks for your help.

gpve, what was your port of entry? There are two offices, one in Texas and one in CA. The information there might be dated. But I got it from here:
http://www.shusterman.com/jun96.html

"C. The Immigration Card Facility (ICF) - (214) 655-1500

The ICF is not a government agency per se, but a private contractor based in Arlington, Texas. All alien registration cards (also known as "green cards" or form I-551's) are manufactured there. If more than six months have gone by since the temporary permanent residence stamp was placed in your passport and you still haven't received your plastic green card, you may want to give the ICF a call. "

The cards for CP people are made separately from AOS people. The average waiting time for Boston POE is 8 days. So something is amiss in your case.
brb

POE was Boston. The ICF phone number is not right. I tried calling it and getting an invalid number message. I also called the National Visa Center number who asked me to wait till this Friday and call them up once again. The lady who spoke told me that it takes anywhere from 6 months to an year. Is that right? Is it anything to do with 9/11? I am coming to a dead end now. I don't know what to do next? Lemme know your thoughts.