Plastic Card - Change of Address

green2002

Registered Users (C)
Any body has experience like this:

Passport got stamped with 551 about five months back.

Recently I changed my address and informed BCIS through AR11.

I checked the staus of the plastic card which says that yesterday, they ordered a new card and will send to me as soon as it is ready. Then I called BCIS and changed the address today through phone.

My question is, where they will send the card ? To the new address or to the old address ? If they send to old address will that be forwarded to new address automatically.

Thanks in advance folks..:::eek: :rolleyes:

It is unlikely that the information from AR-11 would have been used by the Service Center to update your address, particularly since you did that only recently. In all probability, the card would be mailed to the old addr. I dont think the card would be forwarded by the PO; it might be returned back to BCIS.

K.S.

If u have submitted change of adress form to USPS , I think ur mail will be forwarded to new address until 6 months. I am not sure, if you can extend this 6 month peroid. I would ask postal guy about this.

My wife Plastic card got forwarded from our old address. Another
thing is, Post office has no way of knowing that it is from INS.
The cover looks some thing like credit card pre approval letter.
So you should get it even if they send it to the old address.

Wait for a month from the card ordered date and then call INS if you don't get it.

Folks

Thank you all for your responses.

This gave me confidence :)

Yep, I filed change of address with USPS and receiving mails being forworded.

Thanks again

:D

I received mine

I sent the AR-11 last month and got my card today to the new address

Originally posted by green2002
Any body has experience like this:

Passport got stamped with 551 about five months back.

Recently I changed my address and informed BCIS through AR11.

I checked the staus of the plastic card which says that yesterday, they ordered a new card and will send to me as soon as it is ready. Then I called BCIS and changed the address today through phone.

My question is, where they will send the card ? To the new address or to the old address ? If they send to old address will that be forwarded to new address automatically.

Thanks in advance folks..:::eek: :rolleyes:
Did you ask your local post office to transfer your mail to your new address. You have to fill up a special form

Police clearance certificate

Hello Friends,

I need help from all of you about PCC......very urgent!!!.

Actually i attended the consular processing interview on March 27th...during the interview consular officer asked some more documents from my employer..... and they took all my originals...like PCC,employment letter,Birth certicte DS230 I &II, Pay slips, tax transcripts, etc.. also i paid the visa fee and courier fee..... it took almost 6 months to get the documents from my employer..... so now i am in india from past 6 months....i will be going to consulate once again with all the asked documents

now my question is since i am in india from past 6 months do i need to get one more PCC from my native in india for both me and my wife. ??? and how about employment letter.....??
but consulate already had our PCC from which was taken indian embeassy in USA to attend CP. but it is already 6 months completed.
please let me know does it needed to get one more PCC in india??? also i am not staying in one place for 6 months.

one more thing last month i vacated the apartent in USA.....because i was paying unncessarily paying the rent....does it effects anything adress change for my Green card (plastic card)....do i need to change the residence adress when i go to the consulate to submit documents or can i tell in port of entry.

please reply immediately.

Thanks
kumar