plastic card and address change

sudheer765

Hi,

I posted this message on plastic card tracker yesterday. can someone please share their experiences and what i should do at this point? Appreciate it.

==========================================================

Folks,

The online status for my GC says,

"On August 5, 2004, the card or document we had mailed to the applicant was returned by the post office because they could not deliver it. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

It looks like CIS sent my plastic card to the old address and it returned back to them. I called the customer service twice (with a long wait), once on 08/06 and again on 08/10 and updated my address (i actually sent the AR-11 form '2' years back when i changed my address, but apparently they didn't update it in their system) and requested them to resend the card to the correct address. Also my lawyer sent a FAX inquiry on 08/17, but without any response to date.

what should i do now? did anyone had a similiar experience? If so, what did you do? Appreciate your response.

Where did you get your courtsey approval letter - at your new address??

In a fax, request them to re-mail the card to new address. Clearly mentions that you updated address on your case (mention WAC number), but still it was sent to old address. Attach a copy of your AR-11 with faxsheet. Also, if your courtsey approval letter is sent to new address and you have a copy of it. Attach it too (by circling your current address).

Interesting?? They should have verified your current mailing address at the time of PP Stamping - Don't sweat it man...call and tell them again - I guess that's the best you can do - or certainly a fax is in order as well.

Good Luck

sudheer765 said:
Hi,

I posted this message on plastic card tracker yesterday. can someone please share their experiences and what i should do at this point? Appreciate it.

Folks,

"On August 5, 2004, the card or document we had mailed to the applicant was returned by the post office because they could not deliver it. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

It looks like CIS sent my plastic card to the old address and it returned back to them. I called the customer service twice (with a long wait), once on 08/06 and again on 08/10 and updated my address (i actually sent the AR-11 form '2' years back when i changed my address, but apparently they didn't update it in their system) and requested them to resend the card to the correct address. Also my lawyer sent a FAX inquiry on 08/17, but without any response to date.

what should i do now? did anyone had a similiar experience? If so, what did you do? Appreciate your response.

The AR-11 does not update your address on the application. You will need to call up separately for that.

I haven't receive the courtesy approval letter nor my 2nd FP notice to my new address. My lawyer usually gets them and she notifies me. Also I did fill my new address in the form, when i went for passport stamping. FAX inquiry sent by my lawyer has the request to re-mail the card as suggested. I guess i will wait for one more week and re-fax again.

btw, can someone give the FAX numbers (like level1, level2 etc.,) I would like to send the FAX next week with escalation. Thanks.

485_if_ever said:
The AR-11 does not update your address on the application. You will need to call up separately for that.

As per sudheer675's posting, he/she did update address by phone.

sudheer765 said:
I haven't receive the courtesy approval letter nor my 2nd FP notice to my new address. My lawyer usually gets them and she notifies me. Also I did fill my new address in the form, when i went for passport stamping. FAX inquiry sent by my lawyer has the request to re-mail the card as suggested. I guess i will wait for one more week and re-fax again.

I feel you got enough alarm bells before this thing happened eventually. You should have got alarmed when you did not receive FP notice and then approval notice. In that case you could change your address in I-89 form while pasport stamping. Anyway, whatever happened, you cannot undo/redo anymore. Try doing fax. Hopefully it will work.

sudheer765 -

did you update the address by calling national service center - the 800 number or california service center ? call csc and they will update it properly. if you call the 800 number they are not able to update the address directly into the system but they send request to csc to update. but if you call csc they can update the system directly.

FunnyWait said:
sudheer765 -

did you update the address by calling national service center - the 800 number or california service center ? call csc and they will update it properly. if you call the 800 number they are not able to update the address directly into the system but they send request to csc to update. but if you call csc they can update the system directly.
does csc have a special number????

I had a similar experience

My Online message on 8/6/04 changed from card ordered to mailed. I did not get the card for almost 2 weeks. I had changed my address 2 years ago by submitting AR11. I did not call and change my address then. On 8/20, I called the 800 number to check my address. The guy who took my call asked me If I received the approval notice at my new address. I said Yes and he said that the card will be mailed to the same address. Then my Online status changed to Card Order again on 8/20. I received my card on 8/23. Today the online message changed to Card Mailed. Weird!!!!!!!! But I got my card though.

Just wait for a few days and hopefully you might get your card at your new address. Don't rely on the online message.

received green card finally

Hi,

Just want to give a quick update. I received my "Green Card" at the new address yesterday. The wait if finally over. Looks like the FAX inquiry sent by my lawyer worked.

Thanks to all who sent the responses. Good Luck to all who are still waiting!

sudheer765 said:
Hi,

Folks,