Place of Birth in I-485

test987

Registered Users (C)
I was going through my document papers of I-485 filing. In which I have written my birth place to be New Delhi but the birth certificate that I have submitted has Delhi. Will it cause any problem. Is it a matter of concern.
As always your help is highy appreciated.
Thanks

RD Sep 03
ND Sep 03

I have submitted affidavit for 485 and and it doesnt have my last name and parents as well. They mentioned only the first name. Will this cause any problems?
Thanks

austin_desi said:
I have submitted affidavit for 485 and and it doesnt have my last name and parents as well. They mentioned only the first name. Will this cause any problems?
Thanks

If your last name missing, that could be a problem. I am not sure, some adjucator may allow it, but I would not count on it.

if (York == New York){
New Delhi = Delhi;
}
else

{ generate RFE:
}

I hope this is NOT the process... but with USCIS.. you never know

Nice algorithm. Seems like algorithm generate's an RFE. The only thing I hope that it's not serious.

austin_desi said:
Thanks

I received RFE for BC (as earlier I submitted a BC from consulate) ..... Got me a new BC issued from home country (with registration date at my birth time/issue date in March 2004). My new BC had a) only my first name b) father's middle name was missing and c) my mother's name was missing. Along with BC I submitted two affidavits, and got an approval last month from NSC. <May be this story is not relevant to you>

With INS one never knows, but there could be a problem in ascertaining the facts w/ only first name on affidavit.

BTW am also in Austin (assume you too).

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE on BC

I am in the same situation.

I have submitted a BC with no mothers name and with two affadivits from my parents part of my I-485 application..

Now INS wants a non-availability cert to consider the affadivits.. Dont know how this is possible as I already have a BC (but not with a format which INS wants)

Any thoughts??

-GG

GreenGuy said:
I am in the same situation.

I have submitted a BC with no mothers name and with two affadivits from my parents part of my I-485 application..

Now INS wants a non-availability cert to consider the affadivits.. Dont know how this is possible as I already have a BC (but not with a format which INS wants)

Any thoughts??

You have to get either non-avail cert or BC with mother name. Either case, you have to go to local authority to obtain one of them. If they cannot provide non-avail cert because you already have a BC, try to get a BC with father+mother names. The new BC should work too.