Pl Help

SriSai

Registered Users (C)
My friend applied for 485 in November 2001. He got laid off on June 15th with two months pay from his company. On Aug 15th he joined another Consulting firm and working on a project. Now he is getting another permanent offer from a Big Company.

Questions:

1. What is his status from june 15th to Aug 15th?

2. The Consulting firm is a desi company and the strenght and weaknesses are not known. And got one paystub.

2. Will he have any problem if he again changes job to American company?

He has to take immediate decisions. PL help by replying asap

PS: Pardon me in case it is posted twice!!!

check with lawyer

I think he should be ok because he was laid off 6 months after he applied so he can still use AC-21. But if he receives the approval automatically, he doesn't have to worry about anything.

no problem

he can change as many jobs as he want to under ac21 after crossing 180 days, Incase RFE is generated , he should have a matching job as per labour certification and salary above the prevailing wages.

That's about it.

Thanks for you replies friends ,
what if they layoff the employee before 180 days , then he will be in trouble??? please clarify me

siva

180 days

It doesn't matter when the adjustee changes companies as long as INS takes 180 days or more to adjudicate the I-485 application. thanks to another member on this forum who pointed this out to me.

Originally posted by sivak_c
Thanks for you replies friends ,
what if they layoff the employee before 180 days , then he will be in trouble??? please clarify me

siva