Pkt3 related questions

rrajendr

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am on a H1B and have opted for CP,CHennai, India. My wife is on H4 who came in very recently. I have the below question on Pkt 3.

What are the documents that the packet 3 sent to me will CONTAIN? What are the documents in Packet 3 that I have to RETURN to NVC (for MY WIFE and MYSELF) and what are the REST of the documents in Pkt 3 should I carry with me to the CP INTERVIEW for MY WIFE and MYSELF?
I heard from the forum , that only DS 230 Part 1 only has to be returned back.

However as per the immihelp site below:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/packet3.html
we receive a lot of other documents and hence don't we have to send ADDITIONAL documents along with DS 230 part1.
ie to be specific how about form DS 2001, DS 2000 . Don't you also have to submit them to NVC back when we send them Pkt3 info.

Please let me know. Thanks.

rrajendr,

Packet 3 contains DS230 Part 1 form and instructions for IV Applicants. The instructions said to send DS230 Part1 and copy of Biographic page of the Passport for the Primary Applicant and for each dependent to NVC.

Hope this helps...

when do we have to, if at all, fill in the affidavit of support for my wife and daughter?

thanks

shambho said:
when do we have to, if at all, fill in the affidavit of support for my wife and daughter?

thanks

Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) needs to be carried to the inteview at the Consulate.

Raju

shambho said:

thanks
In general all the docs. submitted to the consulate have a validity of 6 mos. But closer you get it notarized to your interview date, it would be better.

Just my opinion.