Pkt 4 Q for recent Chennai CPers, pl. respond

vjg

Registered Users (C)
I am waiting for Chennai to schedule my interview. They responded to my email and said they rec'd my case on Jan 6, and that my likely interview date is going to be in March.. Here are some qs. I have on Pkt 4, please post your views and experiences, it will be of immense help to me and ppl setting out for the IV interview in the near future.

1. What are the contents of the Pkt 4 that Chennai sends out?

2. Has anyone rec'd Pkt 4 in the US? If not why did you choose to get Pkt 4 in your India address?

3. Would 4 days before interview suffice for the medical and lab tests (5 assuming a Sunday falls between)?

Thanks a bunch for your help in answering these questions, and CoNgRaTs on getting your GC.

Originally posted by vxg113
I am waiting for Chennai to schedule my interview. They responded to my email and said they rec'd my case on Jan 6, and that my likely interview date is going to be in March.. Here are some qs. I have on Pkt 4, please post your views and experiences, it will be of immense help to me and ppl setting out for the IV interview in the near future.

1. What are the contents of the Pkt 4 that Chennai sends out?

2. Has anyone rec'd Pkt 4 in the US? If not why did you choose to get Pkt 4 in your India address?

3. Would 4 days before interview suffice for the medical and lab tests (5 assuming a Sunday falls between)?

Thanks a bunch for your help in answering these questions, and CoNgRaTs on getting your GC.

I had my CP interview on 17th Dec. POE on 1st Jan (Detroit)

1. I have no idea (others on this forum could answer this)

2. while completing DS 230 Part I, I chose US address for further communication. For US address they sent only interview letter. No additional documents. I've download packet4 from the following URL http://www.madras.sphynx.com/wwwhiv.html , used the them for my CP interview.

3. Suppose if your interview is on Tuesday, I were you, I would to go for Medical Tests at Lister Labs on Friday Morning before 10am (Medical Tests Should be done before 10am to get the results on the same day after 4:30pm, for tests after 10am, have to wait till next day to get the results). After getting medicals test results on the same day after 4:30pm, visit panel doctors in the evening. If any of the tests are positive or X-ray needs to be re-done, doctors would recommend same or another level of tests. Keeping such tests in account consulate usually recommends Medical reports should be done minimum of two days prior to the interview date.

If opt for tight schedule and doctors appointment is available on friday then it's okay. else Thursday would be safe. I was told by Dr. Raj Kumar that, CP applicants were more in December. No doubt it would be a growing number for next couple of months.

I wish you all the best and good luck.