PIO New York - Status check ?

Intezar2005

Registered Users (C)
I sent application for PIO card on 8/11/2007 to New york consulate. So far haven't got any acknowledgement. Phone / email enquires have not been replied.

Any suggestion how to find status of the application?
Any idea how long it takes to get PIO card from NY consulate?

Finally I received PIO card of my daughter today 9/6/2007. They have made one spelling mistake in Father's middle name, they forgot alphabet H. When i enquired about it, they told me it does not matter. Or send back PIO card, they will fix it.

Finally I received PIO card of my daughter today 9/6/2007. They have made one spelling mistake in Father's middle name, they forgot alphabet H. When i enquired about it, they told me it does not matter. Or send back PIO card, they will fix it.

Hi,
I am planning to send application for my 8 months old child in NY. What documents did you send?. It says we have to send passport of the applicant (my child) and parents also the copies of all.

Can you please provide information about what all did you send..
Also did you apply by mail? In application instructions, it says $15 for express mail but here
http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=58 it says $20 for express mail.. i am confused...

Any help would be appreciated..
FYI: We both (parents) are indian citizens living in US in Green Cards.

Thank you

PIO Card application 2 copies
My passport copy - 2 copies Notarized
My wifes passport copy - 2 copies Notarized
My daughter passport copy - 2 copies Notarized
My appartment lease copy (as address proof)
Money order for 160 (150 fee + 5 certified mail)
4 passport photo of babies

I later realised that i had to send also original passport / orginal birth certificate of my daughter, these are required according to their website.

I was expecting them to call/mail me and send above documents, but to my surprise they send PIO card

My friend also applied for PIO card he emailed all above documents (including originals)