PIO card Houston consulate

gcnohope

Registered Users (C)
We had a baby on Aug 31st of this year. I applied for a PIO card last week thru mail at the Houston consulate. The application reached them last Thursday i.e. 10/26/06.

As we have to go to India Urgently due to a family emergency, how long does it take for us to get the card. I have tried reaching them a number of times, but no one takes the call. It just goes to the answering machine. Is there anything we can do and do any of you guys have any idea how long it generally takes to get the PIO card. For my first kid, I got it back in two weeks. I am not sure how to make my travel arrangements because of this situation.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Same boat: applying for 6 mo visa

I am in the same boat too. I applied for a PIO card on Sep 28, but havent heard back at all. A friend of my friend has gone to the consulate for his application status and heard that they were completely backed up.

I am thinking of going through one of the Visa companies and doing a 6 month visa now. I cant think of any other way. Going to Houston would mean taking a day off and driving 5 hrs each way.

Regards,
LLDoss

My PIO application was received by CGI Houston between 10/2/-6-10/6/06.
The money order was cleared around 10/24/2006. I have not received the PIO card yet.
If they are backed up, how come they get time to clear the money order ?
Voicemail box is full.
No replies to email.
No response to fax.

Is it possible my application and money order got in wrong hands inside the consulate office ?

CGI Houston is one place where they don't care about you or your application. Nobody picks up the phone. After dialing nearly 50-60 times, it finally goes to one female, who is not at all helpful. All the other phones have their mailboxes full and nobody ever checks them. Faxes do directly to the shredder and emails are deleted in bulk.

All you can do is send the application and pray. If at all possible, apply in person rather than through mail. And for god's sake, if you send your original passport for any service, keep a photocopy and never send them an I-94 if you have one.

I just finally got hold of them after hundreds of calls and a lady finally picks up the phone and answers so rudely that everyone has family emergencies, you just have to wait. But wait for how long? They encashed the MO on 7th of this month and I have to go at any cost by the end of the month. Will going there to the Consulate be of any use as I live in Kansas which is a good 900 -1000 miles away from houston.

God, I can't believe they can be such pain in the ass to even fellow Indians, Just imagine what they would be doing to foreigners and We keep complaining about other countries not giving us visas.

But anyway, Will going there be of any help? Or sending any friend who lives close to the Houston consulate, going to be of any use?

hi
Did you have to give them attested copies of your document or just plain photo copies will do?

thanks

It needs to be notarized copies of everything. You can go to a bank and they will usually do it free of charge.

gcnohope said:
I just finally got hold of them after hundreds of calls and a lady finally picks up the phone and answers so rudely that everyone has family emergencies, you just have to wait. But wait for how long? They encashed the MO on 7th of this month and I have to go at any cost by the end of the month. Will going there to the Consulate be of any use as I live in Kansas which is a good 900 -1000 miles away from houston.

God, I can't believe they can be such pain in the ass to even fellow Indians, Just imagine what they would be doing to foreigners and We keep complaining about other countries not giving us visas.

But anyway, Will going there be of any help? Or sending any friend who lives close to the Houston consulate, going to be of any use?

please le us know if you have any updates. When did you get the PIO card? Please post your experience. Thanks.