********* PIMS Verification Over the Phone in 2mins***********

nanthu

Friends,

I have My Appointment in Ottawa next week. This morning I called the following #

1-888-840-0032 ($1.59CA Per Minute)

The Lady who answered the phone was very nice. She asked for my Appointment Confirmation number (you can give your Passport Number). After confirming my name,
She said "Yes, We have your information on our database you are all Set!"

Good Luck All

did not work

hey nanthu,

After I read your message , I did call at the same number and I talked to a female, she told that my information is in the system, but when I tried to probe her further she told me it would take few days for me to get passport because embassy will verify information. After further talking with her , I realized she just confirmed that my appointment information was in computer and she still did not know any thing about PIMS or how to check PIMS.

I wonder if the same happen with you. did she say your PIMS is verified or did she just say your appointment information is in computer.

Janish

Hi There,

My family applied for H4 abroad and consulate was unable to verify thru PIMS, please advise me how can I request to add my petition into PIMS.

Please note, my H1 was extened last year, it's not a new approval.

Thanks

hi Janish,
I am also planning to go to Canada for my first h1 stamping (F1 to H1). do you have any idea on how to find out if my information is there in the PIMS so that i am not stranded there?

Thanks.

Worked for me!

Hi all,

I am going to Ottawa for my H1-B visa renewal (I got it stamped in Matamoros the last time). I just called the number 1-888-840-0032 and spoke to a guy who confirmed my appointment and also verified my information in the PIMS system.

I specifically asked him if he was aware of PIMS. He said he was and had it in front of him and asked me if I wanted to verify it. I said yes and then he read out the following info to me:

• Receipt Number
  • Receipt Date
  • Notice Date
  • Petitioner

The Receipt Date and Notice Date were old (meaning they did not reflect the day when my petition was approved). I promptly asked him to update them to the ones I had on my approved I-797 and he did so.

That was it! I think all those getting a H1-B renewal (I read elsewhere its not that bad for folks getting their first H1B stamp) should try to do this at your respective consulate so you do not get delayed for indefinite periods.

My appointment is on the 31st of July. Will repost once I get successfully stamped.