Photos for OCI application

sratl2006

Registered Users (C)
The OCI form says that the passport size photos must be taken against a "light colour, but not white" background. Everyplace we went to-Kinkos, PO, CVC-they all have only white backgrounds. I was wondering where some of you got your pictures taken & with which backgrounds. Would really appreciate your help.
Thanks!

If you are in New Jersey, you can go to "Fine Arts" next to Shop Rite on Oak Tree road.

sratl2006 said:
The OCI form says that the passport size photos must be taken against a "light colour, but not white" background. Everyplace we went to-Kinkos, PO, CVC-they all have only white backgrounds. I was wondering where some of you got your pictures taken & with which backgrounds. Would really appreciate your help.
Thanks!

sratl2006 said:
Thanks!

Read these -

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1517081&postcount=22

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1509781&postcount=14

More confused

Seems like everyone has tried different things & they all seemed to have worked. Has anyone talked to the Houston Consulate about the photo requirements & gotten any specifications as to what they would reasonably accept?

Also, has anyone's photos been declined due to improper size/background color/etc?

I am more confused than ever!

Now I can say US PP photos should be fine

I took US PP style photos from a local photographer in Bay Area. I was worried seeing all these postings saying that your photos could be rejected with a white background. Ours were taken in a white background and I was even wearing light blue shirt :( . Luckily, they accepted my photos. :)

Why I am saying is that OCI cell in SFO seems to be better off than the rest of the consulates.

So, do not worry much. Atleast wear some dark color shirt to be safe.

I agree with Timmy, I sent standard US passport photos that I took at wallgreens against a white background, and unfortunately wearing a light colored T-shirt. My photos got accepted too.

Honestly, by the time you crop it to 35x35, the background is almost irrelevant! I stressed about this too (used a light green pillow case taped to the background at CVS). It really didn't matter.

OCI photo

Did anybody try with 2x2 pictures at chicago center? Do they accept it?
I do not find any place where I can have 3.5x3.5cm picture print.