Photos for Mumbai interview/Med (Polaroid or Non-Polaroid)

MayCP03

Registered Users (C)
Has the photograh requirement for the visa interveiw changed??

If you follow the link you'll know what I'm talking about
http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhphotorequire.html

Immigration style photos are ussually 37mmx37mm with side facing. Nwo they want 50mmx50mm with no side face. Anyone new to this??

I want to take the photos (For both medicals and interveiw) from here, US, for my trip to India. And yes, I'm aware of the studio around the consulate which does that. However, due to tight schedule, I'm hoping to avoid taking photos in India if I can.

The document list does not say anything about polaroid or non-polaroid pictures. It only mentions to bring 3 Passport and 3 immigration style photos with specs for each. Does anyone know better?

Has anyone taken photos from here in US? I know sometimes the consular/med guys get finicky and do not accept polaroid photos. .But in US ALL passport/immigration style photos are only available as POLAROID. I bet the same holds true for India too.

Also, I heard that the consulate has a photo service too for the immigration photos. Has anyone used this on the day of interveiw? (btw, It's got to be polaroid).

Has anyone had problems with photos they took from here? Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link you refer to is about photos for NON IMMIGRANT VISAS only. You can get immigration style photos from anywhere, US or India and either regular or polaroid. Many places also offer digital photos. As long as the photos meet the BCIS requirement you are OK. Many have used photo service inside Mumbai Consulate ( I have not) and those photos ae *always* accepted!

New requirement of photo's only apply to NIV cases. For IV cases, photo requirement is not changed.

If you are going to Mumbai 3 days in advance (or you are from Mumbai), you can get pictures from "My Own Studio" 3-5 minuteds walk from consulate. I have used them 6 weeks back and very good results.

Make sure that you remember normal passport sie pictures for medical (2 or 3 - check with the hospital you schedule)

Good luck,