Photos for Baltimore interview

macika

Registered Users (C)
I am getting ready for my interview in Baltimore on the 11th. Today I went to get immigration photos at a local photo shop. They told me that recently many clients who had gotten the pictures taken from an angle have returned for new ones taken from the front because INS would not take the "old" format. They told me to verify with INS first because they did not want me to pay twice (the owner is an immigrant himself and he has some solidarity). Apparently, INS has changed the photo format requirements. Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks.

Newtothis, if you have some experience regarding this at your interview, please share it with us.Good luck for your interview on Tuesday.

Macika

Not true!

Simply follow the instructions on your I-485 approval notice. You will notice that they are the same as earlier. The MOST important things are to ensure that no glasses are worn in the picture, and that the right ear is showing clearly and fully.

Also, I\'d strongly recommend you NOT take your photos at this shop because I suspect this photographer is most probably taking them wrong - usually the INS returns the photos when the ear isn\'t showing properly.

Photos for INS at Ritz

I have tried photos at Ritz camera right across the street from Fallon Bldg (INS Office in Baltimore) at the intersection of Charles and Redwood streets. They guarantee their photographs for INS (I have actually used their guarantee because I was not comfortable with the first set of pictures, so they did it all over again free of cost). Plus it takes only five minutes.
hope it helps.

No Title

Hi Macika,
   You can take photos at JC Penny photo studio or at \'The Picture People\'.
   All the Best.

GreenHopeful

No Photos Required

I went to the interview, the photos were already there in the file. I did not take any photos with me.

No Title

This is correct, but I read reports from some people that the officer still asked for pictures despite the fact that they already had been sent with the I-485 application. So I decided to take pictures just in case.

macika

No Title

macika ,

Take two current photos with you. My IO asked me for my current photographs eventhoug sha was having old one too & best of luck.

Regards,
NickI485

Macika & Geenhopefull, Good luck to your interview tomorrow.

Please update us how it went on once you get a chance. Thanks.

Approved..

Hi..about the photos..I don\'t think there is a new format..The pictures I had sent before were a little smaller that usual.. Before the interview, I went to MOtoPhoto and got the immigration style photos done..Just as well, the officer asked me for a better set of pictures and I handed her the ones I just had done...Worked out fine...
BY the way, the interview was a breeze...The lady was not the friendliest of the bunch, but a few jokes later, I think she loosened up a little..I am soooo relieved.....
A quick not...make sure that you answer all the questions thoroughly...don\'t say anything more than you have to..It is easy to get carried away and start yapping away...I had to hold back...
BY the way..you guys are great.....in this crazy world...this site provides a little confort...good luck..

Congrats NewToThis - What question did she ask you?

Congrats NewToThis!,
    What are the questions you were asked during the interview? Please let us know.
  I will keep you all posted the results from the interview.

GreenHopeful