Photographs for AP - Not Passport Style?

sridas

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I read several messages in this forum about submitting Passport photographs for AP, but in the I-131 PDF that I just downloaded it says something else:

"The photos should show a three-quarter frontal viewof the right side of your face, with your right earvisible and your head bare...."

This sounds more like the side-pose picture USCIS once required.
Can someone please calrify this for me, are passport style photogrpahs OK?

thanks everyone
das :confused:

That is very odd. My understanding is USCIS now calls for passport style photographs; this has been confirmed in the fact that I haven't had any problems with my photographs.

The only thing I can think of is the new uscis.gov site. It has many flaws, certain things don't align just right or are missing. If it helps you feel a little better, at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=7059d9808bcbd010VgnVCM100000d1f1d6a1____ (they have such long inconvenient links now) it says, "Paper Photograph Requirements for E-Filed Applications. On August 2, 2004, USCIS announced a change in photograph requirements for all applicants from a three-quarter face position to a standard, full frontal face position. USCIS accepted both three-quarter and full color frontal photographs until September 1, 2004, after which only full frontal color will be accepted." I believe that I-131 form might not have been properly updated.

If you still doubt and worry, try calling Customer Service. Good luck!