Photo for stamping

V. Chen

Registered Users (C)
Would someone please confirm that the photo for stamping has to be without glasses? because i couldn't find this reqirment in the INS photo instruction. Thanks.

I do not know if this is a requirement. However, I took my picture without glasses, and then went for stamping wearing my glasses.
The officer who did the stamping procedure did not have a problem with that.

Hope that helps :)

quest4gc

My experience....

When I took the OPT EAD, I weared glasses. It was OK. When I took I485, EAD and AP, I did not wear glassed. Because on the Photo requirement my lawyer gave me, there are two lines of hand-writen words- no glasses, no earings.

BTW, why do you make it such a big deal not to wear glasses?! Just take them off! You may look a little bit ugly without glasses, but nobody will look at your pic on GC.

When I got pictures taken for EAD renewal

last week at walgreens I was also told that INS does not want glasses and earrings on the pix now. I didn't make a big deal out of it. I took off my glasses and my wife took off the earrings.

I am surprised that my attorney didn't tell me that. They did send me the "usual" INS specs for pix.

V.Chen

Approved on Aug 26th and Recieved Courtesy copy today( sept 4th) and planning to go for stamping in INS NC tomorrow. I wear glasses all the time. My interim EAD is also with glasses and picture taken by INS only then.

But tomorrow I am going to take the ADIT pictures without glasses and post you the experience after stamping. Did you go for stamping yet?

I went for stamping today. I brougt two sets of photo, one with glasses and one without. The officer took the one without glasses.
Good Luck to everyone!