Phoenix INS 485 stamping

keralboy

Registered Users (C)
The process took 15 min in total, no question asked, 10 min to get into the INS with all the security in place and 5 minutes for I-551 stamping. Keep in mind if you are from Phoenix u need an appointment to get into the INS, a procedure change, it seems....

Now the plastic wait starts.

More information please

Hi, can you give me some more info on how to go about setting an appointment etc, as i am from Phoenix and have just sent a reply for an RFE hopefully, I will get the approval soon..Thank you in advance

what exactly is this procedural change ? ..when was this implemented ?

congrats on the eve of stamping .

my friend got his stamping done @ Phoenix few weeks back and he went in at say 5.30 am and got the whole process complete by 8.10 am

now does this mean that , everyone has to take appointment ....a MANDATORY process ? ..

Thanks in advance

Appointment

Can we get an appointment over the phone or do we have to go personally to INS wit the the approval to get the appointment?

two options !!!

I got my stamping on March 18th. As far as I know, there are two ways.
The first one is to go to the INS early morning like before 5:30 am. and you will be able to get the stamping after waiting hours.

The second option is to go there by 12:30 p.m. and get the appointment because you can get the appointment as long as you are in the line before 1:00 p.m. If you don\'t have to get the stamping urgently, it is a better option.

Since we didn\'t need the stamping right away, my husband went to INS on March/5th at around 12:30 and got the appointments for March/18th for both of us. The whole process of stamping wasn\'t that bad !!!