Philadelphia Stamping Experience

Badboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys:
We just got our passports stamped at Philadelphia INS. Overall it was +ve and quick. We got there at about 11:00 AM. We were all done in about 45 mins. No questions asked.

i\'ll check the board for a few days to answer any questions.

Thanks everybody.

No Title

Hi, there:
It looks that to stamp is not a hard procedure in Phili. May I ask you: where is the office in philadelphia located and do they have a specific day for stamping (like a day only for Stamp and other days other things may include stamping)?
What extra materials do you think they may ask (so one needs to carry them with him when goes there)?
Do you also know their office hours and phone number?

Thank you ahead for your time

No Title

Stamping in philadelphia was pretty smooth. You need to carry the stuff mentioned in the approval letter i.e., I94, passport, AP + I carried EAD cards eventhough it is not mentioned in the letter. this was good because the lady asked for the card.

In addition I took with me are: (The officer did not ask for any of these documents, but I carried them just in case the officer wanted to see them)

a letter from the employer
our marriage certificate (because my wife\'s passport still has her maiden name), our birth certificates.

Also, the letter mentioned Room No. 650, but the room to go is actually 100, counter No. 5, take a number and wait for your turn.

good luck

No Title

Yes and the approval notice said I89. Strange are the ways of INS. But, who knows. I am not worried. Lets go w/ the flow.

No Title

Hi Badboy, as you said it is a confusion.I-89 is the form in which you gave your fingerprints at the time of stamping. This will be used for the plastic Card. But I-551 is the stamp you got in your PP.

No Title

my approval was on 9/17/00
Message changed on 9/19/00 (message said approval date was 9/17 - which is a SUNDAY - go figure)
Courtesy copy received on 9/25/00

BTW regarding I-89, I looked for this form on the INS website and did not find it. It was not even listed on the sign board hanging at the INS office. Actually I did not even know what it was for until I read the previous message.

HUH!

No Title

Hi, can you tell me what\'s the good time to get there? Acording to notice, i can go there anyday from Mon. to FRi, is that true,
Thanks