sonviraj

Registered Users (C)
Here is the information about my case :

Application sent : 10/25/2002
application received : 11/04/2002
EAD Received : 12/22/2002
Fingerprint : 07/22/2003

Waiting for interview letter.

Although receipt notice says that "do not call this office until you receive notice of interview by 09/30/2003".

Regards,

Sonviraj.

my case

Hi there, my case is as follows:

Submitted I-485: 04/02/2001
First EAD: 04/2001
First fingerprint: 05/10/2002
Second EAD: 04/2002
Third EAD: 03/2003
Second fingerprint: 06/2003
Still waiting for interview.... Does anyone know usually how long it takes???

Hi kjngnet

I went there a month back to ask them and they told me that the process is already delayed for 2 months so don't expect anything before december(in my case).

My letter says that I should not contact them util 30th of this month.

I didn't know that they are taking so long. Your case is more then 2 years old. One of my friend applied from philadelphia only and got his GC within a year.

What is your receipt says? It shouldn't take that much. Is there any way through we can find out the case status online? In my case my receipt number starts with PHI and it is not 13 digits.

Thanks.

Sonviraj.

on my receipt it didn't mention the timeline at all and i don't think we have other way to check the status except go to the local office and ask the officer there. i've already done that for over 5 times during those days (and everytime the officer told me that my case is still pending and if i didn't hear anything within 90 days, come back to check again...). it's so annoying and i probably need to apply for another AP the end of this year in order to go visit China... good luck to you.

Hi,

This is really sad. Please update the information whenever you get interview letter. Good luck!

Sonviraj.

Hi kjngnet

Did you ever applied for advance payrole? How long it takes normally? I was thinking of applying for advance payrole because After reading your post I think it will take time in my case also. The sad part is that there is no way we can check the status. your's is marriage based green card right? (marrying to a US citizen).

Thanks and good luck.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Marriage based GC (marry to a US citizen)

Hi there, i've already applied for AP for twice and this time it's gonna be the third. i think the first time it took like a month and the second took only couple of weeks. by the way, i have a question for you: can we apply AP now for only vacation purpose (some websites say that you can apply for AP only when it's emergency)? Thanks.

Hi,

I have also heard that AP can be use for emergency perpose only but one of my friend had applied just for visiting the country. The reason he gave for AP was family reunion and brother's marriage.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

You can apply for an AP for any reason you want..

if there is a family emergency you can get the parole that very day to leave temporarily.. if not it takes an average of 60 days to process the papers.

but do keep in mind that if you have had even a slight overstay issue its advisable no to leave the US till your I485 is approved.

HTH

to sachinphadke

Thanks so much for your info.! i guess i can just go to the local office and apply AP in person.

kjngnet

Hi,

I beleive very few people have applied in philadelphia office?

Thanks to Sachin for keeping the forum alive and providing good suggestions.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin

I have a question. After getting EAD my H1 is invalid? I didn't use my EAD so far. Should I tell my employer about my EAD?

Regards,
Sonviraj.

I think so.. although I am not sure.. I will have to check it out..

Your H-1B becomes invalid when you file to adjust status. (AFAIK)

I have also applied for family based category at philly-spouse of US citizen
RD 10/02/2002
ND 10/24/2002
FP 11/13/2002

Notice said do not call before Aug 26
Called BCIS -was told-presently they are taking 12 months to process. Havent heard anything till date!!!
Anyone before me in September who has got approved?
Thanks

Hi vedik,

Did you fingerprinted twice? In my case My first fingerprint was done in december 2002 and second fingerprint in July 2003.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi, the last time i went to Philly office was back the end of July. i haven't heard anything since. do you think i should go there again next month to check my case again?? i'm just desprite now. what's really happening that cause such a long time delay????? if anyone know anything new from INS (CIS), please let me know.

Thanks,
kjngnet

Hi kjngnet

Why don't you try INS toll free number also for knowing status of your case. The number is 1-800-375 5283.

I would suggest, you should go and ask them. I also went there in July and they told me that the process is already 2 months delayed. So if she is right then I should get interivew letter in december.

I really don't know why this entire process is so slow.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sonviraj, i just make the phone call by the phone number you provided in your last email. a guys answered my phone and after i told him my story, he suggeted that i should go back the end of Oct. to check with my local office again since he had no access permission to do any inquiry for the philly cases right now (which i don't know why). i guess the best thing to do is still try to go the local office and ask the officers there. good luck to all of us!!!

kjngnet

Hi kjngnet

The sad part is that there is no way to check the status for local district offices. Online case status available only for the cases filed at service centres.

Good luck!

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi kjngnet

Can you please update the information if you visit local district office? My letter says that I shouldn't contant them before 30th sept. 2003(this month). I am also planning to go there if I do not get any response before 3oth.

Regards,

Sonviraj.