Philadelphia N-400 Delays

pankajkandhari

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I just want to know if there are more people like me who are waiting for philadelphia naturalization. Actually, this case is for my wife she applied last year in May 7, 2004 and her interview (knowledge test) was cancelled this year in April and since then there is no notice from Philly.

THey are currently processing December, 2004 cases but for us there is no reply. Same old answer that background check is pending.

Any body in same boat?? I just want to know why this such a long delay. I have written 30-40 letters to everyone including FBI and USCIS director. I have given my case to a top lawyer in downtown philly...

Any suggestions are welcome, but if your have successfully been naturalized by philly in our time frame, please let me know. This will give me some consolation.

Thanks

Pankaj

background check

Pankaj, it looks like Philly has decided not to interview people without the background check clearance, as opposed to most offices that conduct the interview/test and then withold the approval till the name check is cleared.
From what I have seen on this forum, these cases take anywhere upto 6months- 2/3 years for clearance.
I guess all you can do is wait. Do you believe that there is some reason for the background check delay?? Like name change or specific country etc??
Hope it all works out soon. Good luck!!

Re: Background Check

I just want to thank you for replying and want to Add that my wife is a citizen of india. She has never changed her name or any thing. She has no traffic tickets. So it looks like a straight forward case but lets see.

Now, if I hear anything from my lawyer, I will post a reply back.

Thanks