Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

BECs after September 30, 2007?

... excerpt from immigration law website:

09/30/2007: Today Marks the End of FY 2007, and New Fiscal Year 2008 Dawns Tomorrow

• As the FY 2007 sunsets in the mid-night today, all the immigrant visa numbers for FY 2007 which have not been used will be wasted. Beginning tomorrow, the new FY 2008 immigrant visa numbers and certain nonimmigrant immigrant numbers that have annual cap such as H-1B, H-2B, H-C, etc. will be allocated and both new immigrants and nonimmigrants of these types either obtain new statuses or visas through the USCIS and the U.S. visa posts throughout the world.
  • Today also marks practical end of the foreign labor certification Backlog Elimination Program. The DOL has yet to release information on the status of backlog elimination as at the end of today, but their earlier prediction was that because of the number of cases that requested reconsideration for denials and some unresolved issues such as correction of their errors, the BEC may continue for a while.

Best wishes to all the pending cases.

what could we do besides waiting?

what could we do besides waiting?

Online Status changed to “Denial” on Sep. 25. No paper reason until today yet. My lawyer Fax, mail and emailed them during these two weeks. Got an email reply acknowledging received my lawyer’s email on Oct. 5, and stating no further material needed at this moment. (both my lawyer’s office and my company moved after my LC application, though we notified DOL)

Thinking of applying PERM now. My lawyer said the appealing procedure would take a year. My 6th year H1 will end next July. Really worried.

Certified after almost 5 Year !!

Guys!! After an endless wait finally my case is certified Today!! I have got a lot of support from this forum (People like you make this earth beautiful!!), wants to thank everybody and pray for those who are still waiting..

Guys!! could you please suggest me, what should be my next step as my priority date is current (my PD is Jan-2003)..

--Can I files I-140 and I-485 in parallel?
--I think Premium Processing of I-140 is not yet available , so what are my options? Should I wait or should I file with regular processing (Sorry for this dumb question)?
-- Could you please give me some Links where I can explore I-140 and I-485 related stuff.. Like documents needed, medical exam etc..

Guys!! Thanks for your help and support!! and Good Luck..

Guys!! After an endless wait finally my case is certified Today!! I have got a lot of support from this forum (People like you make this earth beautiful!!), wants to thank everybody and pray for those who are still waiting..

Guys!! could you please suggest me, what should be my next step as my priority date is current (my PD is Jan-2003)..

--Can I files I-140 and I-485 in parallel?

Ans: You do not have a choice. you will have to file both 140 and 485 concurrently being I140 in regular processing sice premium processing is banned.

--I think Premium Processing of I-140 is not yet available , so what are my options? Should I wait or should I file with regular processing (Sorry for this dumb question)?

Ans: see my answer for first question

-- Could you please give me some Links where I can explore I-140 and I-485 related stuff.. Like documents needed, medical exam etc..

Ans: short answer: Dig 485 forums in this web site and you will get everything required.

Guys!! Thanks for your help and support!! and Good Luck..

Congrats for coming out of the hell and start smelling life. see my answers above. One important factor you will have to remember is to file another I 140 in premium mode when ban is removed and upon its approval get it linked with your 485 processing. That way is faster than converting reglar I 140 to premium I 140. This is what I have read and heard so ofcourse consult your immigration lawyer before implementing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still waiting for labor and I didn't like the statement by DOL in particular that 99% cases are finished and the remaining are awaiting response for employers . They know that TR cases need at least 4 months to be processed yet they chose not to work on them till the end. It was very sad that they completely ignored the priority dates and put all RIRs before TRs.

I don't know if there will be anything 'sweet' about it even if the labor certifies some day after such a long wait, having missed the 485 boat and now to be welcomed by another backlogs in I-140 and 485 queue pretty much exclusively for people who were stuck in BEC.

I wish they realize that when the priority dates were made current, everyone else by that date has already applied except the people stuck in BEC. I wish they could maintain the same dates for 485 so when we finally get out of the long labor, we could at least file immediately.

My status did change to "In Process", this has been the biggest break through in 4 years wait.

Best,

After wait of 4years and 7 months. my case says closed. :(

Hi Porkodi,

I fully sympathize with you. I know how it feels to be stuck in this hole while the whole world seems to be getting ahead of us. By the way, I am in the same club of CLOSED cases. Hope we will be out of this with Certified status soon.

Hi Porkodi,

I fully sympathize with you. I know how it feels to be stuck in this hole while the whole world seems to be getting ahead of us. By the way, I am in the same club of CLOSED cases. Hope we will be out of this with Certified status soon.

my suggestion to both of you is to write a letter to your local congressman..

Write a polite letter. Explain that you are a legal immigrant and trying to play by the rules. You are suffering because of this delay..

Case certified

After long wait. Today my case certified.

PD April 2003
45days letter replied on 2005
RRI August 2007
AD-EJB July 16 to Aug 22
RR Oct 2007
Case Closed Oct 15 2007
Case Reopened Oct 16 2007
Certified Oct 17 2007
no resumes received

Hi Amit,
Congrajulations. Your labor is Approved and based on the trend, you can expect hard copy anywhere from 3days to 3 weeks

I never got the hard copy from my attorneys. Do you think I should ask for it? Does it help with anything to have it or it's just for memorabilia?

After 4 yrs

I got my labor finally after 4 years. It looks like my file followed the FILO (first in last out) process.

Even I have never got anything from my attorney, what should I ask for?

Also is it possible to change the attorney at this stage of the process?

Please advise. Thanks for your help!

I
I never got the hard copy from my attorneys. Do you think I should ask for it? Does it help with anything to have it or it's just for memorabilia?

my lawyer got a call from BEC saying my case would be reopened. I checked the website, now the status changed to "data review" :)

I am new to this forum. My case details
PD: 07/2002 CA DBEC
03/2006: My Company changed the Attorney
04/2006: Case closed
07/2006: case reopened after My HR followed up with DBEC
06/2007: Case Closed again
11/2007: Received notice from DOL stating that”late or insufficient response to DBEC correspondence other than the CRNL." This response was received after 5 months of following up with DBEC by my HR and Attorney.
Current Status: CLOSED
My company attorney is reviewing the options for next step.
This is my 8th year on H1 which is going to expire in Feb 2008. I am very much worried about my H1B extension.
Guys, If you have any advices please let me know.
Thank You