Philadelphia AOS Interview sucess!

dr_lha

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I had my AOS interview today in Philadelphia.

Turned up around 30 mins before the interview (after staying the night in Philly). Through security, up the lift and into a bland waiting room. There were about 8 other people there. About 10 mins after my appointment time, the wife and I were called into the interview. We were interviewed by a rather stern (or professional, depending on how you look at it). She got us to swear to tell the truth, and told us to sit down. Passports handed over, and the questioning began:

To me:

What are your in laws names?
Have you ever met them?
When was the last time you visited them?
How did you find where you currently live?
How much do you weigh?
What colour are your eyes? (twice!)

To my wife:

Why don't you use his surname?
Why did you move to PA?
Did your husband live in the house before you?

Then the "no" questions.
Then she asked for evidence of joint living. I gave: Bank statement, insurance, airline tickets to LA from August, joint health insurance. She didn't look at any of it.

Didn't ask for anything else, photos etc.

"OK, I'm approving your case. You will get your Green Card in about 2 weeks".

All over in 15 minutes!

dr_lha said:
Hi, I had my AOS interview today in Philadelphia.

Turned up around 30 mins before the interview (after staying the night in Philly). Through security, up the lift and into a bland waiting room. There were about 8 other people there. About 10 mins after my appointment time, the wife and I were called into the interview. We were interviewed by a rather stern (or professional, depending on how you look at it). She got us to swear to tell the truth, and told us to sit down. Passports handed over, and the questioning began:

To me:

What are your in laws names?
Have you ever met them?
When was the last time you visited them?
How did you find where you currently live?
How much do you weigh?
What colour are your eyes? (twice!)

To my wife:

Why don't you use his surname?
Why did you move to PA?
Did your husband live in the house before you?

Then the "no" questions.
Then she asked for evidence of joint living. I gave: Bank statement, insurance, airline tickets to LA from August, joint health insurance. She didn't look at any of it.

Didn't ask for anything else, photos etc.

"OK, I'm approving your case. You will get your Green Card in about 2 weeks".

All over in 15 minutes!

Congratulations Dr Iha. I lost track of time and forgot that your interview came up. I always enjoy your very insightful comments here --- best wishes and I hope the GC arrives soon.

Haha! I think the interviewing officer wasn't. She kept looking at me oddly. The thing is my eyes look different in different lights. My wife says they're green, the DMV agreed and put that on my drivers license, but in low light they look brown!

Cheers everyone BTW. I've not been around for a while on here because of work commitments. In fact I was away in meetings pretty much all the way up to my AOS interview, and only had the night before to prepare my stuff. Still, everything was fine. Thanks for all the fine advice I've got on this forum!

Sudhany;

Was there update on I-485 and I-765 after you complete your Bio?

I had my Bio done on 10/05/2006 and they update on 10/10/06 on I-485 aand I-765 but messange hasn't been changed just update date.

Congratulations! That is very good... I will be doing my interview in the middle of november and I am hoping that It will be as smooth sailing as It has been for you.

sushant06 said:
Sudhany;

Was there update on I-485 and I-765 after you complete your Bio?

I had my Bio done on 10/05/2006 and they update on 10/10/06 on I-485 aand I-765 but messange hasn't been changed just update date.
I didn't get any updates or anything for about 6 weeks after my biometrics, when I got my interview letter.